Custom DTHs in the new Samsung Connect app?

(Rey Rios) #1

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I have a bunch of custom smartapps that I cannot use on the new Smarthings App (Smmsung Connect) . Until recently, this has not been a problem since I only use the classic app. I recently purchased the Smartthings Buttons and they work well but I can only program them using the new app. But I cannot see my custom apps (for example, arm my Alarm.com system or open my garage (MyQ)) because I cannot control these from the new app.

I am doing anything wrong? Any ideas on when or if this option will be available in the future?

Custom SmartApps that don’t work in the app:

Fan Switch
Alarm.com
MyQ Garage
Ecobee Thermostats
Somfy Blinds

Is it me or does the older ST mobile app still work better than the new one?
LG light bulb compatible with Smart things hub?
(might be my fake name?) #2

Check out this thread.

(jkp) #3

For Alarm.com app, check in Dashboard: Settings: Connected services. I don’t have that app but possible if could be there. For the MyQ, I have not found a work around to get it to work so I am afraid you are out-of-luck on that device at this point. Fan switch you can change to a dimmer DTH to get it to work in the new app. For somfy blinds you can add the generic switch setting and gain on/off in the new app. Ecobee, depending on which app/DTH you are using, you should be able to get it partially working. Check out the link in @eric182 post above :slight_smile:

You mean custom Device Type Handlers, right? Not custom smartapps.

If so, the thread that @eric182 linked to should answer the question. :sunglasses:

You might also find the following FAQ useful:

(Rey Rios) #5

Yes, sorry custom Device Type Handlers.

I was able to change my Fan and Blinds to Dimmer Switch and they work now.

But I was not able to find generic-switch. All I get is this:

Do I have to install a generic-switch type?

(jkp) #6

Go to the thread noted above. It shows how you can edit a custom DTH by adding vid: generic-switch to the metadata definition section.

(Rey Rios) #7

Thanks! Working on that right now.