Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

I seem to get charged $7.59 for shipping when trying to check out the lifx original which brings it over the price that amazon currently has for the original at $35. Just a heads up.

If you can find a local Target with a Nest cam in stock, I picked one up for $150 after tax after CYBER15 code and $5 off $50. Not available online, but you can do store pickup if a local store carries them.

We can only hope that the newly open Nest API will allow integration in the coming futureā€¦

I bought 10 of the Color 1000 bulbs and shipping was freeā€¦ I went back and see that 7 or more of the Color 1000 bulbs gives you free shipping and 11 or more of the original color bulb is free shipping. Still if you buy more than 2 of the original and any number of the the color 1000, it is better than amazon (even adding cost of shippingā€¦ plus no taxes).

3 Likes

Damn, I need the battery powered one or to get a cheap electricianā€¦ The battery powered one only has local pickupā€¦ no shipping options :anguished:

This thread is bad for my wallet, hence to my health. It should be brought down. Flagging it now (sarcasm).

14 Likes

Probably I am the only one who didnā€™t get anything this year! :frowning:

I wasnā€™t going to eitherā€¦ until I caved on the Echo sale. Darn you, Amazon!

2 Likes

I could resist it on Amazon, since I debated too long to use the ECHODEAL and get it for same $99 I paid for the other 2. Then I had that damn 20% off HD coupon, so donā€™t tell the wife but 3rd Echo will be here Friday for $119

3 Likes

Hiā€¦ where do you get your 20% off Home Depot coupon? Thank you.

It was in my HD prorewards this week.

1 Like

So yeah, Iā€™ve got an echo thatā€™s still in the box (#3), for minimotes on the way, a fire tv stick with voice on the way, and about 20 switches to installā€¦ Along with some led light strips to build for the stairs and to finish the under cabinet projectā€¦

no fair! :stuck_out_tongue: And hereā€™s where I type copious amounts of characters to meet the post length requirements.

4 Likes

Wife doesnā€™t know the reason TV now controls house is that I got the new FireTV box. AFASK I just updated the software on the old FireStick. I am not going to correct her :angel:

1 Like

We can tell her! ā€¦of course, you could buy our silence with that echo deal :wink:

2 Likes

Sign up for a HD prorewards account and SMS alerts. I get regular $10 off $100, $25 off $200, 10-20% off purchase over $xxx codes. They are assigned to my HD commercial account , so wonā€™t do any good to share them.

Then there is the 5% off in store every day, if you use HD card.

Pretty sure the well publicized HDHOLIDAY code for 5% off any 1 order online is valid through December

Iā€™m being thick, I canā€™t see where to sign upā€¦ I spend FAR too much at HD, I need this :smile:

At the pro desk in any store, or on HD website.

Quirky + GE Tripper smart window/door sensors (2 pack) on clearance at HD for $10.02. Picked up the only one my local store had. Pretty good deal at $5.01/sensor. Anyone had any luck with these?

There is a device type/thread around here somewhere for them

Most people wonā€™t be interested in this, but since I have mentioned it a couple times and gotten some questions, the Tecla shield has a cyberweek discount code, ā€œGET10ā€ for 10% off any product. This is a portable switch control device for use by people with limited hand control that allows them to use a tablet or smartphone using the same kind of controls they would use for a power wheelchair. So with it they could then use SmartTiles or the SmartThings mobile app.

Total cost with cables and everything is typically around $500. Very well engineered with a lot of the features you need but donā€™t know you need before you get it.

For example, most Bluetooth switch devices go to sleep after awhile. Thatā€™s very frustrating for someone who is quadriplegic and trying to use it as a control device throughout the day. The tecla keeps itself awake so itā€™s always available yet will still run on battery for several days before needing a recharge.

Anyway, you can read more about it on their site if youā€™re interested.

2 Likes