CT101 Thermostat keeps using switch driver

I have a Samsung V2 hub. Have six CT101 thermostats in the house. Five of them show up using the Z-wave thermostats driver and work fine. The last one shows as using the Z-wave switch driver.

I have removed the problematic device from the web interface, then did a hard reset and also a factory reset on it and re-added it to the hub. When it was added back it is still using the switch driver and I am unable to change the driver for it. Attempting to change driver gives me: “Error changing device driver to “Z-Wave Thermostat”. Ensure that the driver you are trying to change to has a valid fingerprint match with this device.”

All of these were working since 2018 until the Samsung platform change last year. They all stopped working end of last year and as of April were still messed up. I was figuring I’d have to trash the entire system and move to a better supported one than Samsung this fall. When I checked now I was surprised to find everything is working again except this one thermostat.

Thanks!

Most likely there’s a problem with the fingerprint. Start by checking what it is at the advanced page of the web interface to your smartthings account. The fingerprint is the combination of the manufacture code field and the model code field.

my.SmartThings.com/advanced

If by chance those fields are either blanks or zeros, the pairing has failed. See the following community FAQ:

FAQ: Manufacturer/Model Shows All Zeroes

If instead there is a valid fingerprint, check to see if it’s the same fingerprint as the devices that are working. :thinking:

( the reason it’s using the switch edge driver is because that’s the default Z wave edge driver for any device with an unknown fingerprint.)

The model and manufacturers codes are both all zeros. The link you posted comes up as: " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."

Looks like the link got truncated. Here’s the correct address:

1 Like

My bad, I’ve fixed the link. Apologies for any confusion. :thinking:

Had to run a Z-wave exclusion from the hub. Then reset the thermostat again. Finally it came up properly. It’s working now, thanks for your help, appreciate it!

1 Like