Costco *cheap* FEIT Smart Dimmer WIFI

The same hapenned to me as jayakumar, I tried removi g the TYWE2S whit a normal soldering iron, and Being a lead free solder, The temp needed to unsolder what to high that it fragilised the pads, and I probably aplied too much force, and Ive destroy the pad exacly as he did

, Never the less, the good news is that you can very tighly fit a EPS-01 inside to replace the TYWE2S

Ive flash Esphome on the esp01 before removing the 8 pins socket, and only soldered back tx rx 3v3 and gnd on the dimmer, This is a realy tight fit, had to sand down about 0.5mm on the side of the module to make the cover fit.

Thanks for pioneering this, @magimat.

I picked up some of these for $31 CAD per three pack at Costco today. Being inelegant at soldering, I tried out the method that doesn’t require the removal of the TYWE2S, just the removal of the cover and cutting/resoldering of two traces on the board described here:

Worked great. Tasmota toggles, but I don’t have dimming functionality with your device handler or the Tasmota Connect device handler.

I did get the dimming functionality working in SmartThings – with the Tasmota Connect device handler – and in the Tasmota webserver by applying this Tasmota template and the two Tasmota console commands below it on this page: