Cost effective door/window sensors (UK)

@a4refillpad if it’s your DH then I should start by saying thanks. At £13 or £14 quid they’re ideal, they look good and you’re saving me a fortune :slight_smile:

As per usual I’m probably not making myself clear. I was adding the device via an iPhone but ST just wasn’t finding it (or at least not reporting that it was). After resetting the sensor a couple of times and trying to add it I eventually went into the IDE and there it was! Sure enough I then checked the device list on the phone and it was there??? I have to confess I was confused at this point. I then killed the app, added another sensor and all worked as expected. Fingerprint was correct. Looks like an issue with ST, nothing to do your with your code.

I just thought it might be a possible answer for @leedjones as I’m surprised like you that he may may have received multiple duff sensors from BangGood. I’ve got 10+ and they’re working well. They’re so cheap I’m automating for the sake of it…

As for the Door Bell I used the notes from this thread:

I popped the case of an Orvibo contact sensor and soldered a couple of wires across the sensor (it’s black from memory). I then hooked it up to a ten quid door bell from Amazon. I’ll snap a picture later for you.

This also popped up yesterday:

1 Like