CoRE (SE) name

Now that CoRE (SE) is approaching BETA, I’d like to get your opinions on its name. I’ll give a few ideas, but feel free to bring your own. We’ll then pick the best of them and run a poll to see which one we choose.

CoRE (SE) or whatever its name will be has a minimal ST app UI, 99% of its interface will be on the web, accessible both via a mobile phone and/or a desktop web browser (yey)

First idea is to simply call it CoRE (it will replace the existing CoRE app after all…) but I am afraid this may cause confusion.

Second idea is webCoRE (due to its web dashboard)

Third idea is to call it CoRE (SE) - which is convenient, for some SE may mean Second Edition, for some - they know who they are - this would be Streamlined Edition :slight_smile: For the Apple fans, Sport Edition, etc.

Now bring in your ideas… Please stick to the CoRE label, we’re not changing that.

Thank you

PS: The alpha CoRE (SE) thread is here. Very confusing and non-informative installation instructions are here.

5 Likes

I think CoRE SE(cond) is good… will thrown in another suggestion if I have an flash of creativity later.

Hey where is your poll…

• webCoRE
  • CoRE (SE)
  • CoRE
  • Other (add your suggestion below)
0 voters

I did not want a poll until I had more names to put in it…

1 Like

CoRE 2
CoRE Deux
CoRE Duo (would this be copyright infingement on Intel?!)

Intel would get upset with iCoRE.

1 Like

CoRE-W
CoWIRE … web interface rules engine

OK, need a rest now … my head hurts, LOL

2 Likes

ReCoRE
2Core
Core2ST (CoRE 2 Smart Things)

1 Like

My Favorite
enCoRE

Serious Contender
dualCoRE (i.e. triCoRE, quadCoRE, etc)

Adrian’s Title
CoRElator

The Beta Group
SmartCoRE

Once we have the Human Interface Chip
CoREtex

The Kitchen Appliance Module
CoREmatic

What ya do when typing it with emphasis
undersCoRE

The feeling ya get after a successful Piston firing
sCoRE!

Um…
CoREmuscle
muscleCoRE
jobCoRE
IceCoRE
HardCoRE

HUMOR
CoREpuscle
InterCoRE(SE)

3 Likes

WINC … WINC Is Not CoRE

:wink:

Is this, like, your job?

2 Likes

I like enCoRE too.

4 Likes

mee too, and it’s really growing on me

1 Like

adyCoRE, to honor the super coder :wink:

I would hate that name! Lol

2 Likes

CoRE Designer
CoRE Automations
CoRE Studio

enCoRE and ReCoRE are my favorites so far.

1 Like

In the Edge Case category:

“Core (SE)” is much more difficult than any of the others for those of us that use voice dictation and will require more typing for everyone else because your autofill won’t fill it in. Just sayin’… :wink:

3 Likes

Looks like it won’t be an issue as webCoRE is going strong at 67%, unless uhm… no, forget it :smiley:

Point taken, it won’t be CoRE (SE). How is webcore with voice dictation? Because I just changed the name to webCoRE…