CoRE (SE) name

Most voice recognition software will learn single word appropriate capitalization after about 30 repetitions. For example, mine now does SmartThings perfectly every time. But it didn’t to begin with. There’s an assumption of acronyms which works there. Like IFTTT.

Right now if I say “web core” I get that.

But over time, I could get “webCoRE.”

But at least the systems that I work with would never get “CoRE (SE),” nor will most autofill programs, because it won’t be perceived as a single block.

(I won’t tell you how much work it took me to get Core se done correctly just one time, but it was enough that I don’t want to have to do it again. :wink: )

3 Likes

Ok, it won’t be SE. I promise. It looks like webCoRE anyway…most people (65%, or 19 of 29) voting that way…

2 Likes

Ha ha, I liked the idea of enCoRE when I posted it, but eventually, my own preference went back to my original love, webCoRE. :slight_smile:

Then, I thought enCoRE as a word seems to mean the concept of heaving an extracurricular dose of whatever came before it onto the stage.

However, CoRE (SE) is so much more than a ‘new version’ of something; it’s a completely different concept in at least one major sense…a sense that makes any other name than webCoRE a bit anticlimactic.

So, when you put up this pole, I voted for webCoRE. :slight_smile: :clap:

1 Like

My concern with webcore.co is that it will inevitably get typed as webcore.com. A lot. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed, same concern here

1 Like

Assuming you won’t be doing much ‘outreach’ beyond this Community, the TLD matters less than it would in any other, normal situation. We’ll all either learn it quickly, or will quickly be able to get to it by just looking back here on the forum if we forget or whatever…and we’ll all, no doubt, have it bookmarked immediately the first time we go there.

1 Like