CoRe Piston creation process keeps spinning, edit mode not coming up

I have added the webcore smart app to my set up, following all the steps in https://wiki.webcore.co/webCoRE#Installing_webCoRE. when trying to create my first piston - I enter the name, click create and then the spinner stays forever. If I try to create another piston, I get the same behavior.

I removed the app, redefined the repo and retried - same results.

Any suggestion? help will be greatly appreciated.

Open the IDE in another browser and go to live logging. Try creating a piston again and look for the logs for webcore. Should see an error supplied somewhere

Thanks,

I have done that, but I am not seeing any errors, and the new piston is just showing the spinner.

Any idea?

Which installation method did you use?

I used the github update installation, not manual code update

And you published all 4 smart apps? Oauth for the main webcore?

Yes I have.

I don’t know man, there should be an error thrown. Or something sssnt installed properly.

no error thrown :frowning:
Is there a code change that i can make to throw an error, or a debug version i can try?

There is no hosted debug version

Is there a code change i can make to my smartapps to debug?

1 Like

Can you check and see if your location is set in the IDE?

Also no there isn’t an alternate code for debugging

My account has a location set up (home) and I have a single hub. should i send you the app settings? The webcore apps are assigned to that home location

Yea send in a pm.

If you figure out how to fix this please let me know, I’m having the same issue. Thanks

Yes, will do.

Not sure if this help but this is the error I’m getting when I try to make a new piston. This is from the IDE Live Logging.

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOffset() on null object @ line 7097

@ady624 any idea what this issue is?

1 Like

What version are you on please? Just to make sure I am looking at the right line

@Alkuris, @bigkahuna

Please reset your location timezone - I believe you can do that in the app by moving your pin to a different location and then back where you need it to be - or maybe somewhere in the Locations settings in the IDE - maybe others know better - but you are missing the location information and along with it, the timezone. I will make the SmartApp test for location and timezone during install once I find instructions on how to do it - so if you find a way, please detail it here. Please :smiley:

1 Like