CoRe Piston creation process keeps spinning, edit mode not coming up

(Gadi Naveh) #1

I have added the webcore smart app to my set up, following all the steps in https://wiki.webcore.co/webCoRE#Installing_webCoRE. when trying to create my first piston - I enter the name, click create and then the spinner stays forever. If I try to create another piston, I get the same behavior.

I removed the app, redefined the repo and retried - same results.

Any suggestion? help will be greatly appreciated.

(Dustin Clark) #2

Open the IDE in another browser and go to live logging. Try creating a piston again and look for the logs for webcore. Should see an error supplied somewhere

(Gadi Naveh) #3

Thanks,

I have done that, but I am not seeing any errors, and the new piston is just showing the spinner.

Any idea?

(Dustin Clark) #4

Which installation method did you use?

(Gadi Naveh) #5

I used the github update installation, not manual code update

(Dustin Clark) #6

And you published all 4 smart apps? Oauth for the main webcore?

(Gadi Naveh) #7

Yes I have.

(Dustin Clark) #8

I don’t know man, there should be an error thrown. Or something sssnt installed properly.

(Gadi Naveh) #9

no error thrown :frowning:
Is there a code change that i can make to throw an error, or a debug version i can try?

(Dustin Clark) #10

There is no hosted debug version

(Gadi Naveh) #11

Is there a code change i can make to my smartapps to debug?

(Dustin Clark) #12

Can you check and see if your location is set in the IDE?

Also no there isn’t an alternate code for debugging

(Gadi Naveh) #13

My account has a location set up (home) and I have a single hub. should i send you the app settings? The webcore apps are assigned to that home location

(Dustin Clark) #14

Yea send in a pm.

If you figure out how to fix this please let me know, I’m having the same issue. Thanks

(Gadi Naveh) #16

Yes, will do.

Not sure if this help but this is the error I’m getting when I try to make a new piston. This is from the IDE Live Logging.

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOffset() on null object @ line 7097

(Dustin Clark) #18

@ady624 any idea what this issue is?

( I hate Mondays) #19

What version are you on please? Just to make sure I am looking at the right line

( I hate Mondays) #20

@Alkuris, @bigkahuna

Please reset your location timezone - I believe you can do that in the app by moving your pin to a different location and then back where you need it to be - or maybe somewhere in the Locations settings in the IDE - maybe others know better - but you are missing the location information and along with it, the timezone. I will make the SmartApp test for location and timezone during install once I find instructions on how to do it - so if you find a way, please detail it here. Please :smiley: