CoRe Piston creation process keeps spinning, edit mode not coming up

I am getting the same error in live logging

5ab2f8b0-945d-4cd8-a2bb-41333a74abf2 6:50:06 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOffset() on null object @ line 7097
5ab2f8b0-945d-4cd8-a2bb-41333a74abf2 6:49:41 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOffset() on null object @ line 7097

Bingo - it was the location! i re-saved the location and pistons are now opening up. thank you!

1 Like

What did you have to do, exactly?

This is what I was referring to a couple days ago.

I changed mine in the smart app, my location was reading wrong.

1. Open Smartthings App,
  2. Click 3Bars top left of app
  3. Click GEAR Icon on slide out window
  4. On the on the Google Map Make sure it shows your location (click Save if your location is correct)
    If not press on the map to open the location screen
    drag the blue dot to your location and save.
    Try Creating a Piston, Enjoy!

I could’t find a way to update my location with IDE.

1 Like

Thank you, we’ll put that in the wiki and also have the app warn about the location not being valid. @c1arkbar can you please update the wiki, or have someone do it? I’ll take care of the app :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have done the same thing. In the android app I played with the location (moved the map), but re-saved to the original one. that did the job. there was no other place to change the location

Will do

Plus 10char

thank you, this was driving me nuts, that was it

I have added a check in the installation process that guides the user towards setting up his location - you can no longer install webCoRE until the timezone/location is properly setup. I also made sure to throw an error in the piston if timezone is not present. I will also add a warning on the dashboard in a future release. Thank you for figuring out the steps to fix this.