Control Samsung Washing Machine?

Trying to control Samsung washing machine in an automation, but the connected washer doesn’t show as a controlable device (?) … anyone know how to fix this?

What’s the model of the washing machine?

Its a WW6500 AddWash Washing Machine with ecobubble, 8 kg (WW80K6414QW)

How would you like to control that?

All Smart functionality in those machines are quite limited. First you have to fill the machine with clothes and then close the door. Then you need to press the Smart Control button which locks the door and gives access to control to the app.
I believe if you leave it that way, then the machine powers down after a while.

The worst thing is the after wash spinning. You can only turn that on through the smart control from the app. If you start a wash from the dial and buttons you cannot even turn that on, or to send additional reminders if you haven’t uploaded the load.

For me, it was a big disappointment. Samsung’s way to ruin functionality…

Do you have the plug-in USB stick for it? The “Samsung smart home laundry adapter“

Also, what country are you in?

1 Like

I would love to have one of those USB dongles for my American style double fridge, but those are not available anymore in Europe. Maybe nowhere else as well. But the reviews are just terrible about it.

So I’m trying to set up three automations. One via ST and two via IFTTT

ST - 'IF TIME=03:00AM THEN START WASHER"
IFTTT - ‘IF AGILE ELECTRICITY PRICE IS <£0.09kwh THEN START WASHER’
IFTTT - ‘IF AGILE ELECTRICITY PRICE IS LOWEST FOR 2 HOURS THEN START WASHER’

But I can’t even see it in the automation control list in SmartThings

Don’t need a dongle, connectivity is built into the washer. It is connected to the home wifi and I can control it via the app. I am in the UK.

1 Like

I’ve cross checked it. It is the same for me.

Is it on and is the Smart Control activated?

But you might see what I posted above. It powers off if you leave it in Smart Control for a while.

1 Like

Otherwise you might want to check the webcore forum. Some might have a solution for it.

I really like your idea how to automate it! :+1:

1 Like

Yea - thats very annoying! But I found a solution for this. It’s not elegant, but if you create two automations, the first one ‘wakes it up’ the second one starts the programme.

It’s on, its activated - but no control through automations, IFTTT and it’s vanished from the Google Home list of devices too.

Another discussion here too:

FYI @JDRoberts and @GSzabados

2 Likes