Samsung Washer doesn’t list hub

Just noticed in the API settings that the connection to my smart Samsung Washer doesn’t list, and won’t let me list, SmartThings Hub as it’s Hub.

Is it important?

Nope. I have a washer and dryer and they work fine.

1 Like

So I’m trying to set up three automations. One via ST and two via IFTTT

ST - 'IF TIME=03:00AM THEN START WASHER"
IFTTT - ‘IF AGILE ELECTRICITY PRICE IS <£0.09kwh THEN START WASHER’
IFTTT - ‘IF AGILE ELECTRICITY PRICE IS LOWEST FOR 2 HOURS THEN START WASHER’

But I can’t even see it in the automation control list in SmartThings

Can we even start the washer if it’s not on? When my washer or dryer finish a cycle, they send me a notification and then turn off after a set time.

You can try a couple things, which I’ll try as well.

1. Power on the washer so it shows Online in the new app. Does it become available in an automation? I know that devices showing offline can’t be selected in the new app when creating an automation, at least it used to be that way.
  2. Try what the device says in the app. Turn on and activate Smart Control

I saw your other post, so I’ll link these two topics together.

So here is the washer in it’s own app:

It displays as ‘READY’ in ST

So when I try to make an automation:

In KITCHEN (where the device lives) there is no control for the device:

Interesting. I was able to select mine, including the dryer when it was offline. Here’s my washer:

1 Like

Didn’t that get changed recently where you can now choose offline devices? I can’t remember if it was for automations or something else entirely for offline devices. It’s Thursday… I can’t focus on thursdays.

1 Like

LOL, it did. I was able to select my offline dryer while testing this for the OP.

2 Likes

Sorry, I was typing sooooo slow and you posted before I hit reply on my post… sorry!

1 Like

No worries!!!

I wouldn’t expect a hub to be listed since the device doesn’t connect to your hub. It connects directly to the cloud.

Regarding using an offline device in an automation, this seems to only be partially fixed. I can’t add either of my samsung TVs to an automation unless they’re turned on :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Also I’ve just discovered that the device is no longer available on Google Home.
“Hey Google, how long left on the washing machine” suggests that the device is not recognised
(it lives in the Laundry room). I realise it’s offline in this screen grab :slight_smile: