Control of my Leviton WiFi switches stopped working yesterday

@Lars I cannot speak for everyone, but can of my own experience…

I have deleted the devices and “My Leviton” app a number of times now. The integration can last for minutes or it can last hours before it goes offline. I have not been able to reproduce the time variance.

Thanks for checking in and letting us know an investigation is in the works!

1 Like

To echo xshopper, I’ve experienced the same thing. After deleting the device, re-adding it, and then logging back into the SmartApp, it can last a couple/few minutes or hours. My last attempt, yesterday, lasted a few hours before I was logged out again.

@xshopper @Barrett_Crowe Question to you guys who got logged out within a small amount of time. Was any of your leviton devices actually offline for real at the time and could you or an automation have tried to send a command to it?

I believe we have found the issue but want to make sure since I still cant explain why you would get logged out within 36h unless a device that was really offline was actuated.

1 Like

@Lars I was able to access my switches via the “My Leviton” app, but not via the Smartthings app. The devices showed as disconnected. As for automation, I am not sure, as I noticed the devices being disconnected and would delete/reinstall before my automation would run.

Same with me. Once I delete and re add the wifi devices to ST it has typically been lasting only a few hours. I have never lost connectivity via the my leviton app at all.
Also… every morning at 5:50am a command via ST turns on several sets of lights. Some are Z-wave, most are Leviton Wifi and one is a Halo unit. All work perfectly except the leviton wifi. It has not gone 24 hours since ST app update on the 12th I believe it was.

I wanted to wait several hours before reporting. I finally spent the time to remove the Leviton SmartApp, reinstall it, and add the WiFi switches back into all the scenes and SmartLighting stuff. It started working correctly and has been for 6 hours now.

I am using the Classic App, which may or may not make a difference. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi all, we have deployed a fix now. Please let me know if you see further problems.

For you technical people out there that are curious, the problem came from an updated library on Leviton’s server together with an incorrect header from SmartThings. This caused a failure when refreshing user’s auth tokens blocking future access.

2 Likes

@Lars Thanks for the patch, as well as an explanation of the issue!!

AWESOME!!! Thanks @Lars

and kudos to MikeB for being right on the money

Thank You just checked and they are back online.

@lars I see this was solved about 2 months ago but i am having the exact same issues as above. Is there a update I need to do?

No update should be necessary except for logging in to Leviton again in case you were kicked out (go into Leviton smartapp and restart the login process to Leviton).

@lars Looks like that worked. Thanks!

Hey @lars looks like I am having to log back into the Leviton app just about every day. Any Ideas?

Looks like it’s having issues again. The leviton app just updated and now my devices in smarthub are not refreshing… They do work if used from the smart things app but will not refresh if I manually cycle the switch at the wall or from the leviton app.
@Lars

I’m having the exact same issue. Smartthings is not detecting manual changes in the switch but is able to control them. If I go into the smartthings app and manually refresh the switch, it does detect the state change but won’t do it automatically.

I am having this same issue. Its very annoying because I have automation based on when these lights are on or off.

I had the same issue yesterday with one of my Smart Dimmers. I have 5 installed in total and only 1 was acting up. I tried restarting my hub but didn’t help. I had to restore switch back to factory default and then add it back in. A pain in the butt but only took about 2-3 minutes to add back into my routines.

I am having this exact same issue again! Does anyone know of a fix? @Lars