Connecting to SmartThings Hub from 2nd Phone

I have the Samsung GP-U999SJVLGDA 3rd Generation SmartThings Hub successfully setup and working on the cell phone (1) I carry around with me. I have a second cell phone (2) kept on my kitchen counter that I use for managing home devices when at home.

I installed the app on cell phone (2) and have tried scanning for existing devices as well as adding the hub manually with no luck.

How can I access and manage the hub from this second phone?

Check for a possible second Location. In the new app, click on the menu (3 bars in the upper left of the screen), you should see Home listed with a down arrow to the right of the name. Click on that and see if there are two locations and switch to the other one. Then check that your hub and devices appear in the app.

1 Like

It wasn’t there but in going through the steps you listed, I realized on the 2nd phone, I had signed in with a different email/account. I deleted that account from the phone (an old HTC) and signed in with the other account and it immediately displayed the hub and all the devices.

Many thanks for the prompt reply :+1:

2 Likes

I have a YRD226 lock with Zigbee smart module model YRMZB2.
This lock came with my house I purchased hence I do not have any document
or QR code.
I installed the Smart Things app on my I-phone to connect this lock however
after multiple tries I could not connect.
I unenroll the smart module by pressing 7#, 3# and it worked, however when
I restarted to enroll by pressing 7#, 1#, it was not getting enrolled.
I do not have any physical hub however I do have Samsung un75mu8000 smart TV
Do I need any kind of physical hub to connect this lock OR use my TV as hub? OR is the smart thing
app sufficient?
Can someone please help me to complete registering my lock in my app?

You did choose a rather old thread on a different topic to post in :slight_smile:

• any errors in the app?
  • how far is the lock from the tv?
  • batteries need changing?

Best practice is to bring them within 10 feet of each other.

App could not find the lock as a new device.
The TV and locks are 20+ feet from each other.
Batteries are ok.
Main thing is, when I try to enroll by pressing #7 & #1, it is not getting registered because it is not finding anything to communicate with app.
I am keeping my smartThing app open and in search mode for a new device, however not working.