Two Houses 1 Smart lock app

Hi There,
I’d like some help here with Smart Lock app
I 've been using it with my first house/hub/Lock and still working flawlessly
Now I added a second house (location) with a second HUB and a lock paired with it.
But the Smart lock ONLY shows up for my first Lock (House/Hub).

Is this a limitation of the app, for one location only, or is there any way that I can add this great app to my second home/Lock as well?

Please any help will be appreciated

Not quite sure I understand your scenario…

• A SmartApp instance must live in a particular Location (i.e., be associated with a specific Hub).
  • Some stuff like Amazon Alexa do not work well with multiple Locations under the same SmartThings Account.
  • But most SmartApps can be installed to each specific Location just fine: Just be sure to select the correct Location using the dropdown in the SmartThings Classic App first.

?

1 Like

I have 4 locations, 3 have smart locks in ST. But like @tgauchat was saying I still have to use the top left menu in the ST classic app to switch locations before I can see the smart lock and app at the new location. Maybe your phone app is being buggy and needs a force quit or something?

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your quick response!

I definitely have a problem to install SmartApp SmartLocks in my second location…
When I switch to my second location, the SmartLock app features are not available for the lock…

Things that I’ll try an update later:
reinstall the SmartThings app on my phone
reinstall SmartLocks with both Locks/Location already installed

And if you have any other idea that I can try…please let me know

Thanks for your support!

Did you add the smartapp in your second location/hub?
What do you mean “reinstall smartlocks with both locks/location already installed”? You can’t have the locks installed to the same location if they’re on different hubs.

2 Likes

When you select the 2nd location in the mobile app, go back to the Marketplace / Safety and Security and install the Smart Locks SmartApp for the 2nd location.

2 Likes

You might also find the IDE a good way to see what is installed and configured in each specific Location.

Start at this URL, and drill down under the My Locations tab…

https://account.SmartThings.com

1 Like

Oh boy…that was it.
I tried this before but I only focused on the Big Red “Remove” button… which I did not want to use.
If there’s anyone as DUMB as I am…the solution is just to tap on “save” on the right upper corner, disregard the Remove button…

Many Thanks to all, you all were a fantastic support

Thanks again WB70

3 Likes