Connecting SmartThings to GoogleHome

I have everything working well within SmartThings, but when I go through the steps to link SmartThings to Google Home, I get a message that says “No Devices were found in your SmartThings account.”

Has anyone else had luck getting this integration to work?

1 Like

Hey there! @Ben_Niebel, Welcome to the Community! :slight_smile: I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with linking your Google Assistant with your Smart Things Devices.

I would first ensure that Google Assistant is working in the Google Assistant app. If it is, remove Google Assistant from your Linked Services in the SmartThings app’s settings before attempting re-adding of Smart Things.

Here are the steps for the removal of the voice assistant.

From the Home Screen, tap the Menu (☰) > Select Settings > Choose Linked services > Tap Google Assistant > Choose Uninstall > Tap Delete.

Once removed, you can now attempt to re-add the assistant to SmartThings, here are the steps to re-link:

From the Home Screen, tap Add (+) and select Voice Assistant > Select Google Assistant > Read the instructions listed and tap Open Google Assistant. You will automatically be directed to the Google Assistant app. > Select Set up > Tap Add (+) at the bottom right > Select SmartThings from the list
Tap Authorize. All devices and Scenes from your Locations will then be authorized for usage.
You can assign your devices to rooms to match your rooms in Smart Things, or tap Done to complete.

You can locate additional information about this specific partner integration here at this link: Google Assistant | SmartThings

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

I appreciate the response, but these directions seem to be more geared towards adding Google Assistant to SmartThings. I’m looking to add SmartThings devices into Google Home.

Here’s where I’m at.

When I login to api.smartthings.com, my Hub and Door Lock appear as expected within my one location.

From my SmartThings app, everything looks good.

From Google Home, I click the “+” in the top left corner, then “Set Up Device”, then “Works With Google”, then “SmartThings”, then “Authorize”.

I cannot take a screenshot, but I get a message that says, “No devices were found in your SmartThings account. You may need to setup these devices with SmartThings first. If you have already set up devices, they may not be available due to a temporary error. Please wait a few minutes and try again.”

I’m wondering if there may be confusion because I am logging in to SmartThings using my Samsung account, and maybe this is causing a problem on the back-end.

From api.smartthings.com, when I edit my Location, I am given two choices in the “Account” dropdown, both with my e-mail address. I’ve tried changing which one is selected and it doesn’t appear to make any difference with SmartThings or Google.

Otherwise, I’m out of ideas.

See relevant screenshots here:

Hey there!

The instructions above are meant to refresh the authorization for the integration with Google Home to allow your devices to be found using the steps you mentioned after SmartThings has refreshed.

If your Smart Things devices are not showing in the Google Home app, you would need to select the option under the ‘works with Google’ of Un-linking Smart Things and then attempt to re-link by adding SmartThings from the list.

Once you have completed the troubleshooting steps above, you should also see the number of devices that have been linked by SmartThings underneath.

Note: Just wanted to mention based on your screenshot, only the lock would appear in the Google Home App. The hub would not appear as a device to be added to a room.

If the symptom persists, I would recommend creating a Support ticket and we would be happy to look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK support 0333 0000333
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
CA: support@smartthings.ca

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Thanks again. I will open a ticket.

2 Likes

Did you get this resolved? I’m having exactly the same issue and it’s driving me crazy

It is basically resolved.

Unfortunately, the smart lock that I was using was not compatible with Google Home, which is why it doesn’t appear as a device. The SmartThings Hub is also not designed to appear within Google Home. So, long story short - the link between SmartThings and Google was working, but there were no devices eligible to be imported.

If you setup a scene you can still control the smart lock using voice automation saying something like “Hey Google, Activate Lock the Front Door”, but the front door lock does not show up as a device within the Google Home app.

Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone.
I’m also trying to link google home with smartthings. I’ve successfully linked them such that i can see all of my smartthings devices in google home. However i cant see any of my google home devices in smartthings. Is the linking process supposed to work in both directions or is there a different process for adding google home devices to smartthings?

1 Like

Unless the devices are linked to Google home by Matter, then they will not show up in smartthings.

If they are linked to Google Home by matter and you are using a Samsung Galaxy device, then some of them will show up as an option to add to Smartthings. But that’s a special arrangement and only applies to that specific setup.

Samsung and Google use Matter to add interoperability between their smart home platforms - The Verge

What specific model devices connected to Google Home were you hoping to see in smartthings?

1 Like