SmartThings Community

Clasic app on adt. Shows red unable to clear alarm

adt
(The Master) #1

I had a alarm and canceled it. But the app is now red. I can arm and disable bt it s read
You can not edit the settings until the alarm is cleared. I rebooted the HUB but that did not fix it. Any ideals on how to clear the red screen from the app.

(Big Hoss) #2

Will it let you arm / disarm from the app or are you doing so from the panel?

(The Master) #3

Yes it all works from the pannel and the app. Its just red. If you go to setup and try to change any of the sensor names you get a message that you have to clear alarms firsy

(Big Hoss) #4

Do you have any custom code running on it? I am wondering if maybe you could uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that clears it

(Brad) #5

Can you try removing the back panel to trigger a tamper event and then re-install the back panel?

1 Like
(The Master) #6

I do but most of the custom cor routines are on another hub not this one.

(The Master) #7

I set off the alarm again and this time when i disarmed it it fixed the problem. I think it was caused because i disarmed it the first time on the adt hub while the app was open on my phone.

1 Like
(Big Hoss) #8

Hmmm.

Not to disagree with you, but htat wasn’t my experience… I have had alarms triggered which were disarmed from the panel while the app was open on my phone. BUT… I use an Android, maybe results with an iPhone are different?

Very odd behavior for sure…

(The Master) #9

Yea i dont know im am using android its not the app because i reinstalled and that didnt fix it. it somehow missed the reset. . the second alarm cleared it.

(Big Hoss) #10

Not sure how long you’ve been here. I had something similar when I had SHM configured on my ADT hub at first, an SHM alarm went off, and I cancelled it form the panel, but it made SHM go away… I wish I could recall how I managed to clear it, but long story short, SHM is long gone on this hub…