Any experience with cheap color bulbs? The ones I have seen so far require Hue Bridge or IFTTT integration.
You can integrate Hue white or Hue RGBW directly to the ST hub without a bridge.
You will need a custom DH though.
I have 3 Hue strips and 2 bulbs integrated.
I use a DH called “Improved Zigbee Hue Bulb MA” for both types.
Can you point me to these DH? Here in the U.K. we lack GitHub integration for some reason
Hi Paul, here is the link to the code.
This file has been truncated.
* Improved Zigbee Hue RGBW Bulb MultiAttribute
* Removed the color adjuster. Added parsers for level and hue
* Copyright 2015 SmartThings
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
* in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
* on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
* Update 11/1/2015: Fixed a couple bugs and made unreachable events hidden. Thanks to Ian (mojo_333) for recognizing.
Philips Hue color are a bit priceless. Any Chinese options working?
I’ve figured out how to get them for free. When family asks what I want for Bday or Xmas, I have them get me stuff like this.
Even the Chinese made ones are still about $25 so maybe half the cost of Hue color bulb. The problem with them may be quality control with many of them failing after a year or two. I think if you look around, you should be able to find refurbished 2nd gen Hue bulbs under $40. See this thread:
I was wondering whether there were already Chinese copies of the Philips Hue A19 Bulbs which were compatible with the Philips Hue Bridge as the current price point for ZigBee / Wi-Fi / Z-Wave Color Bulbs is still very high at USD 60 - 90 per color bulb from brands such as but not limited to Philips Hue, LIFX, Zipato, Aeotec.
I ended up with buying and trying out Color Bulbs from the brand Kudled, which is a company with operations in Shenzhen, China.
Note that I am based in Shanghai, China and was able to buy a Kudled Color Bulb for USD 23, still not cheap but significantly more affordable than the closest alternatives at the moment. I personally believe the price point needs to go to about USD 10 per color bulb for mainstream adoption and I expect that this will happen within …