Carrier Infinity / Bryant Evolution compatibility?

I’ve been playing around with SmartThings integration for Infinitive. I currently have the hub making JSON queries to the Infinitive web services, but haven’t yet figured out how to store the results in the device object. I’ve never written any SmartThings integrations before so it’s taking a lot of Googling and trial and error to get things put together. I had to add a SSDP responder to Infinitive also.

I’ll let you know when I have something you can try.

acd looking forward to seeing what you have came up with. I have a PI connect to my system with your software. Was going to start seeing what I could get done integrating to SmartThings., but saw you post. Let me know if you need testing.

Copyninja or Kkoors, Any progress on this?

Please tell me this isn’t dead. @jlrob81, any progress. After looking into pricing and setup, Infinitive looks like the way I would like to go. I just need a SmartApp. Can I help test?

Somebody please be my hero.

I haven’t really had a chance to get started, been getting murdered at work and my wife is happy with the web link I put on her phone to infinitive.

Sorry, no. I sold the house that had the carrier system last year.

Any Updates here? @copyninja @Mungs1104 @jlrob81? I see the INFINITY® REMOTE ACCESS TOUCH CONTROL SYSTXCCITC01-A Thermostat is now integrated with Amazon Alexa, so there has to be a public web interface. When did they integrate with Alexa? Couldn’t the device handler talk to this API built for Alexa?

Can you only buy this thermostat for $700? Can we get a “Smartthings” deal?

I’m currently working on a different project first. Once that is done, when I have the time. @swerb73 was generous enough to provide me access to his system last time. However, that was a long time ago and APIs might have changed since then. I’ll have to review everything again.

Looking forward to the integration, thanks for considering Jason. For those that want to weigh in my thoughts were a two phased approach. To start I’m interested in changing the mode based on events (for example when all presence devices leave turn the mode to off or fan only, when one arrives turn it to auto/cool/heat). In the future it would be good to get at the zones, I currently have 5 zones, then change the temp in each zone no event, but again I see that as a future phase.

Thoughts everyone?

You may already be aware but it looks like Carrier has a program for developers to access the API and OAuth keys.

http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1010/Public/00/sw_openapi_gs.pdf

I have had this stat for a few years and have been frustrated at the lack of support for 3rd party integration via REST. Please let me know if you make any progress or need a beta tester!

Thank you

I wasn’t aware of this. based on the document it looks like there’s a lengthy process to even get a token. some of the links in the document are not valid at all. It’ll be great if SmartThings initiated the integration

I sent the information to ST support as well requesting formal integration. Wouldn’t hurt if a few more people sent notes as well!

Hello! I’m new to ST and integration of the Carrier Infinity series thermostats is the only thing stopping me buying. I currently run another Home Automation hub with acd’s Infinitive program on a Raspberry Pi. Infinitive exposes a REST interface for the thermostat and then I use http GET’s & PUT’s from my current hub to read/write to the Carrier thermostat.

How do I add my voice to the wish list?

I sent a note through the contact support page on the smartthings website. Here is the response I received.

Sean B (SmartThings)
Jul 1, 8:42 AM MST

Thank you for reaching out to SmartThings Support!

I will pass on this request to the appropriate people and hopefully they can get the Thermostats added.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Sincerely,
Sean

It appears Carrier\Bryant wifi thermostats now support 3rd party integration via REST. Can you please add these to the list of supported thermostats on the Smartthings platform? Developer reference link below. thanks

http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1010/Public/00/sw_openapi_gs.pdf

The Ecobee thermostat supports multizone systems and integrates well with ST. Just throwing this out there as an alternative to trying to get the Carrier thermostat integrated. Ecobee support is great so someone with one of these systems should call to confirm compatibility.

How are you doing with this. I am interested once you have this figured out.

Infinity is now connected to Alexa. Wondering if anybody has made any further progress on the interface with Smartthings.

I also sent a note to smartthings support. For all of you still waiting for this to happen, please email them as well. Please see their response:

Jonathan (SmartThings)
Aug 19, 5:09 PM MST

Thanks for reaching out to SmartThings support.

I will be happy to address your question on Carrier Infinity support.

I have added this as a feature request on our internal feature request page on your behalf. I have also forwarded this to the proper channels.

While I cannot guarantee that we will offer this integration, I do know that we are trying to add as many devices as possible. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. The more request that we get for this integration, the more likely it is to happen.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I will be happy to help!

All my best,

Jonathan
SmartThings Support

1 Like

The carrier thermostats communicate constantly with the furnace, and have the ability to set different zones with variable speed heat or cool based on pressure, demand, etc. If you’ve replaced the carrier infinity thermostats with Nests, Ecobees, or generic connected thermostats, there is no ability for a variable speed call. You are calling for heat and cooling at full speed only, which will cause blowback problems and damage your furnace. It sucks, but don’t use alternative thermostats with a multi-zone carrier infinity.