Carrier Infinity / Bryant Evolution compatibility?

If the setup is non-zoned I found the Honeywell IAQ Prestige system to outperform the Carrier Infinity controller. Plus the Honeywell setup allows for a cheaper and more convenient wireless remote temperature sensor addition.

Does the Honeywell IAQ Prestige work with the Infinity / Evolution systems? I canā€™t find anything on their site indicating this. These systems donā€™t use the standard AC wiring and use a proprietary bus communication between the thermostat and the air handler. I would love it if this unit worked but hooking it up would cause the loss of as you mention zones, variable speed and humidity controllers from my research.

The IAQ system uses a wireless control panel that can be wired up next to the furnace. The control panel then as two wires that go up to the thermostat for communication.

In regards to the variable speed fans. You do lose the ability to adjust the fan speed remotely (low, med, high). However, you can adjust the speed of the fan by performing a certain key sequence on the thermostat. The exact sequence if escaping me at the moment; but if you do a google search you should be able to find it in a forum somewhere.

I am currently running the infinity touch thermostat and plan on reverting back to the IAQ because the ability to adjust the temperature based on my presence at the house alone is worth it. A bonus is that I can use either zwave, zigbee or honeywell temperature sensors to create an average temperature and send that to the thermostat as current temperature in the house.

Where is the link or what is the e-mail for smartthings support? Iā€™d also like to push them for integration.

I used the Email link from the bottom of this page:
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us

Borrowing content from a previous post, I submitted the following a few weeks ago:
Please add support for the Bryant Evolution (Carrier Infinity) thermostats. The manufacturer has opened their platform for 3rd party apps.
http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1010/Public/00/sw_openapi_gs.pdf

Here is the response I got:
Thank you for contacting SmartThings today. I will definitely pass that request on to our feature request team! Iā€™m sorry for the inconvenience as of yet our wizards and engineers are always working to expand our list of supported devices. Thank you for the feedback Iā€™ve actually attached you to a feature request regarding Carrier/Bryant thermostats If there is an update in the future you will be the first to be notified via this email! Thanks for contacting SmartThings today! If you have any other questions or concerns, please donā€™t hesitate to reach back out to us.

1 Like

Emailed the address found in the 3rd party API pdf. Received a link to fill out this survey with information around the application. https://cacbdp.typeform.com/to/mUoXjS No idea on the approval process.

1 Like

I am a new SmartThings user. I have had my system up and running now for about a week. I transitioned over from the IRIS system which I had up and running a good 3 years or more. I just had my Geothermal system serviced today and had the technician install a new Infinity Touch Wi-fi thermostat. It is great to be able to control the system from anywhereā€¦but I was so really hoping that it was already integrated into SmartThings by now. Iā€™ll be following this thread to see what happens in the next few weeks/months. Let me know if there is anything we could do (those interested), to also contact SmartThings to get them moving on this.

At least for now I can tell ā€œAlexaā€ to control my temperatures!

Thanks!

What is interesting is that the Alexa integration didnā€™t last long. Iā€™ve seen a large number of complaints that it stopped working about 2 weeks after it was launched.

Hoping someone picks this up. Iā€™ll throw some money their way to see it happen

Done, really looking forward to completing this piece of the puzzle

Add one more from me.

I sent an e-mail to ST support as well. This would be fantastic if they can (or choose to) do it.

Just had a live chat with support about this. They are aware of this feature request, however, they could not provide me with any information about progress. There is however, a list of users which I am now part of who want this integration. I would suggest that if you are one of us who what this that you make sure you are also on the list. The more of us who request it I feel like it may push them to get the ball rolling.

1 Like

I have one of these thermostats at home (Carrier branded) so I finally got around to trying out @copyninjaā€™s code.

I was able to get logged in using that, but ran into an issue getting the thermostat list. I found the problem and created this pull request: Fixes for Get Thermostat List by mrnohr Ā· Pull Request #1 Ā· copy-ninja/SmartThings_BryantEvolution Ā· GitHub. My first commit was just to standardize the whitespace, just because Iā€™m particular about that. To see the actual fix, check out this commit: Fixes for Get Thermostat List by mrnohr Ā· Pull Request #1 Ā· copy-ninja/SmartThings_BryantEvolution Ā· GitHub

After this you can at least select your thermostat. Next step would be to create a child device that can be controlled or at least monitored with SmartThings.

This is just a personal interest to me, so even though I work at SmartThings this isnā€™t an official integration or anything. I just want to use it at home. Iā€™m just happy @copyninja did all the hard work of figuring out login.

3 Likes

Whoa, this is exciting! I just installed your smart app with commits to copyjinjaā€™s code and it works. Logged me in and I was able to select my furnace and heat pump. From what I understand we only need to write a device handler to interface with this app and we achieve integration? Thank you Matt!

My fear is however, when more people start to use this, Carrier might notice. They have provided the Open API and have given developers the resources needed to talk to their servers. From what I understand this method was more or less reverse engineered. Amazon and recently the Control 4 people have integrated using Carrierā€™s API. I am in a similar situation as you Matt. I have the Infinity system in my house and I happen to also work for Carrier. I donā€™t however have anything to do with these Residential Systems.

Good work guys! Looking forward to implementing this myselfā€¦

Glad to see this project is still alive!!

Wow, great work everyone! I donā€™t know how I missed the original post by
copyninja from a few years ago. I installed it along with the commits and
was able to configure, login, and select all 5 of my zones, very cool!

So Matt, are you interested in helping us take this to the next level,
hopefully your SmartThings experience will help? In the end all I was
looking for was to control the on/auto/off/fan only modes and not even
worry about the zones but I didnā€™t realize the zones were already setup.

How can I help?

1 Like

Which thermostats are you using?

Iā€™m using the Bryant MyEvolution Connex App v2.25.0, Thermostat v14.1. I have a 5 zone system with integrated heat pump, gas forced air, ventilator, humidifier, and dehumidifier.

1 Like

Alexa seems to be working ok for now, would be nice to be able to use routines to adjust temperature.