Can't delete smartapp

I did all that. The app shows in the IDE in the list of smart apps, but not as an installed app. When I click the edit icon next to the app and then click the red delete button, I get the error message saying that it’s installed.

So what I mean is that I do not see the app installed anywhere, but there are 4 phantom copies of the app running, as I can see them in live logging when I try to install the app again. I need to delete these phantom so that they stop interfering with the “real” installation.

I tried to force a delete of the phantom apps by deleting the code from the IDE. That is what the original post referred to. So the error message seems to correctly state that there are copies of the smart app installed. I’ve been trying to find a way to get rid of these phantom app instances. These instances do not show up anywhere in lists of installed apps.

How do I know about the phantom copies? My smartapp subscribes to the hub location event to receive the results of a network discovery request. When I send the request from the app that I’m trying to install, I immediately see 5 unique instances of the smartapp logging that they’ve seen the device and added it to internal state variables.

Did you actually try to go to IDE > My Locations > Location Name > List SmartApps? This list contains more apps that are visible in the ST Mobile app.

If it’s not listed there you should contact support, because there would be no other way.

I too have trouble dealing with ghost event subscriptions…

1 Like

Yup - first place I checked. Support ticket already created, but I got a response saying they’re understaffed. I’m guessing an admin will have to go delete some rows out of a database or however they store the data.

I got the ghost event subscriptions to go away by publishing a temporary version of the code that unsubscribed in the event handler. This seemed to have killed the phantom app subscriptions, so I don’t see the phantom smart apps responding to the events now. But the installation of the real app still fails with “unexpected error”, but no errors in the log for either the app or device.

Didn’t work for me. I used unsubscrube() that suppose to unsubscribe from all events, but my app is still looking for a method that doesn’t exist anymore…

Don’t feel bad I’ve got 9 orphaned smartapps that engineering will need to be deleting…
The help desk can’t delete theses either.

Was there ever a fix for this issue? I have six occurrences of the Harmony Connect app (3 in labs + 3 in my apps) that I cannot kill. None of them function either.

Remove them in the IDE … https://graph.api.smartthings.com/login/auth > My Locations > List SmartApps (very bottom) > Scroll to the bottom and uninstall the instances :wink:

4 Likes

I see the spot and the instances, but there is no option to delete. Is there a secret handshake?

Are you looking at the very bottom in the “Other” section? Should have red text at the end on the very right of each row that is a link called “Uninstall”

Yes, that’s where I am looking. No “uninstall” to be found.

I will submit a support ticket.

Weird, I see all of my SmartApps there … Dropcam, Hue, IFTTT, Sonos … Used to have Harmony there but I’m sure we all know the story behind why it’s not lol

All have uninstall on the right hand side of each one with link to uninstall

That is strange because I too see all of my apps, and none of them have such a link. Not even the apps that are working.

BTW - I switched my browser as well just in case that was the problem. It wasn’t.

I figured it out… Was bugging me too… You have to click on edit first!

5 Likes

I had a similar problem. I tried installing the ecobee connect in the labs, was getting not authorized when I would execute, therefore no option to uninstall even though it was in my smartapps list. The IDE was telling me users have it installed so i couldn’t delete. For this I just changed the code to a simple on/off app, then was able to uninstall.

I had a few other smart apps I wrote to test things, they wouldn’t let me delete for the same reason but weren’t listed under the MY Locations, turns out they were installed in the simulator. Ran it in the Sim then hit uninstall, then to the app settings to delete.

Thank you! Thank you! I’ve been trying to delete a device and device type all day with no success. Your suggestion for changing it to a switch worked!

pd_

Did you ever get the apps uninstalled? I’m having the same problem, and it keeps creating new instances that I can’t uninstall!

Yes, but support had to do it for me.

I was able to do it, based on revisiting a suggestion from another reply. In the IDE, I went to My Locations, clicked on List SmartApps, and at the top of the next screen is an “Edit” button. Clicking that put an “Uninstall” red button next to the SmartApps, and that worked.

5 Likes

This worked perfect, thanks.