Can't connect to Samsung Smart TV!

I have Samsung Smart TV I’m trying to add to ST. All I want to do is turn it on or off as part of my ST routine.

I’ve tried both the classic and new ST app and neither can find my TV (TV and ST Hub are on the same network).

I am able to find my TV on Samsung’s own iOS app (SmartView) and control it fine.

What am I missing?

My TV is UN65KS8000FXZA and according to Samsung it is one of the supported device for ST.

Did you log into the TV using your Samsung account?

Yes, I get logged in automatically. Yet ST can’t see my TV.

Do you have a support ticket? If you message me your location id or email address tied to SmartThings I can take a look.

@Villa_SanJuan Are you certain the email you provided is the one you are signed into the TV with?

I searched the logs and didn’t find any errors. You may need to factory reset the TV and sign in again.

Hi Brad,

So I do log into my TV using the "next_milenium@sbcglobal.net" email address. I also use that email address to log into my Smartthings IDE.

I can try factory reset my TV but I’d rather not do that if possible.

Is that the only Samsung account associated with the TV?

Did you check to see if your TV is listed under a different location in the app?

@Brad

Yes, that is the only account I use with the TV.

I’m not aware of a different location in the app?

I don’t see anything in the logs. The only way option I know of is to try factory resetting and signing back in.

I’ll give that a try and report back.