Can't add Logitech Harmony Hub to Smartthings app

@BazGee I created the SmartApp within the IDE from the Logitech Harmony (Connect) template, launched it from the new Smartthings app, and it immediately pops up with a “We’re having trouble connecting.” warning. I cannot figure out a way around this. Got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Just installed it and it worked fantastic. Found my “activities” and set them up on my Galaxy S20, Smarttings app and they worked with no issues at all. Thanks for publishing the IDE.

I am still having the issue.
Did you install it from template?

I installed the SmartApp from template and launched in the new app, and got the same connection errors noted above.

Solution: I hadn’t linked my Smartthings hub / account in the Harmony app.

[Menu → Harmony Setup → Add/Edit Devices → Devices → ADD DEVICE → HOME CONTROL → Smartthings]

Once I did that, I came back to the Smartthings app, and bingo the SmartApp now works.

Hi - I am trying to connect the Harmony IDE but it looks like Logitech have changed their system to a new combined SSO. I use a federated Gmail account to login but that button doesn’t work in the app (can’t open a pop up window) so I can’t login. Any ideas how I can fix this?

I had already set up Smarthings in Harmony. I did a refresh and re-login and no smart app shows up, so I am still stuck at the same point of being unable to login through the smart app in SmartThings as the Logitech ID page doesn’t work with the Gmail federated login in the app.

The problem seems to be related to logging into Logitech via Smartthings app, which doesn’t enable a pop up to open in a window to authorise the Gmail federated login. Any ideas if the code could be modified to address this issue?

Can you (or anyone else) please point me in the direction of how you installed the harmony smartapp from template?

I’m new to SmartThings and trying to figure it out, and I see the “smartapps” tab which allows me to add a smartapp from template, but I see nothing which shows a harmony template or which allows me to search for harmony.

My use case is I want SmartThings to be able to start harmony activities so that within harmony I can use this as an alternative way of starting an activity. I already have harmony controlling SmartThings, so just need the return leg of enabling SmartThings to have control of harmony.

It probably sounds like circular logic, but all aimed at overcoming a limitation within harmony (the fact home control commands can only be listed after device commands in activity startup routines).

Recently there was a Harmony Edge driver released, that runs locally, I would search that out, much easier.

1 Like

Thanks. Do you mean it runs locally on the SmartThings hub?

1 Like

It works well for me.

2 Likes

Just a quick note. IDE and groovy will be eventually be phased out so you may want to avoid trying to install from that templates section from now on as anything you install there will likely be short-term at this point.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I did find the harmony connect template in smartapps so I’m part way there. It seems like there are app settings I need to complete (client ID and secret ID for the harmony hub), and have no idea how to discover these.

But I take your point, if it will stop working at some point then maybe better not to start relying on it. So I’ll need some other solution. Back to googling.

Thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately not an option for me.

I may be wrong but I thought harmony activities are available to ST when you connect to ST through Harmony.

Tagging @nathancu

1 Like

All I see in Harmony app when I view my SmartThings “device” is the momentary button tile I created earlier today which controls a Tuya wifi breaker via IFTTT.

Hopefully other users will help you get it working. I stopped using it a couple of years ago so I can’t offer any assistance.

1 Like

So you installed the smartapp in Groovy right? Can you now see the smartapp in the “Automations” part of the ST app on your phone?

If so, what happens when click on it?

Have you linked your Smartthings hub / account in the Harmony app as well?

[Menu → Harmony Setup → Add/Edit Devices → Devices → ADD DEVICE → HOME CONTROL → Smartthings]

Thanks skinnypope. Yes, I installed the harmony connect app. It does appear in automations in SmartThings app and first time I clicked it I was asked to login to harmony, which I’ve done.

Now when I click it I’m asked to select my hub and activities, but beyond that I’m not sure how to use it. I checked back in harmony app and still the only action available from the SmartThings device I see there relates to the pre existing momentary button tile I set up via IFTTT. No option to call harmony activities.