Cannot pair Yale YRD210 deadbolt lock

Interestingly the deadbolt having issues did in fact have an “unknown device (03)” in it’s zwave neighbors list. I’m following the procedure in your link above. After removing the ghost device, the deadbolt wouldn’t seem to remove it from it’s neighbor list. After trying general exclusion again several times it would not remove so I resorted to deleting it from the https://graph.api.smartthings.com/devices/list website (and again trying to general exclude it from the lock unsuccessful).

After attempting to re-add it several times I finally was able to successfully add it once. It no longer shows the “ghost device”, but it just says offline. I did move the hub back to it’s original location before running z-wave network repair. My thought process being it seems to think it can communicate directly with the hub and I’m doing it a disservice by running repair if the hub will not be near it. This is the only z-wave device not “ONLINE” at the moment. I have also checked to make sure other devices didn’t have that “ghost device” in their neighbor tables either.

I’m going to wait to see if it starts responding in the next few hours.

I again removed it, and re-added it again this time with “scan for devices” option instead of targeted Yale deadbolt add. It added “Z-Wave Device” and again had the ghost device. I go through and procedure you listed but it doesn’t seem to delete the device. Any other tips?

[This Device (76) ]↔ Unknown Device (03) ↔ [Hallway (20) ]↔ Unknown Device (03) ↔ [Exterior Bath switch (0F) ]↔ [HubV3]

Another thing that makes me think this is all still DTH related is even when I go through and remove the device and get the 3 solid beeps via the device indicating successful removal (app says “this device was deleted”). Smart Things never really removes it. It just remains as if I didn’t even try to remove it.

If it says “Z-Wave Device” that means it’s losing packets during the pairing process since the hub can’t identify the device details (you’ll see the raw description has a bunch of 0’s). Device handlers don’t have any role to play until after the hub identifies the devices and assigns the device a device handler.

What you’re experiencing is mesh packet loss either due to interference from other z-wave devices, a faulty repeater, ghost devices or just a bad z-wave module.

After calling Yale, a helpful tech support agent was able to trace the source of all my issues. It seems my unit came with an “AT&T” z-wave propriety module that is not supported by standard z-wave systems. Ugh! So if anyone else comes across this thread and you have a translucent zwave module above the batteries (usually says “ATT”), that means it’s not the standard z-wave module.

Here’s a solution that worked for me:

1 Like

Hey, Brianna welcome to the community! Nice link, very informative. That what this community is all about, helping others.