Button Help

So after reading, reading and yet more reading I still can’t suss how to get a momentary button to work.

So I am trying to simplify smart tiles with 2 buttons one for arm and one for disarm. I have created the buttons using the Big Turn on and Big Turn off but just can’t get them to turn all sensors on and off.

Any help really appreciated :slightly_smiling:

How far have you gotten? Do they trigger some stuff?

Not sure what you mean by “turning sensors off”… Sensors generally don’t have on/off commands or states; only switches do.

Sensors are used in SHM or SmartApps to trigger alarms or other notifications or actions…

Hi, not very far lol.

obviously noob to this and getting old be patient…

So I have the following

4 door sensors
2 motion sensors

when I arm the alarm (away mode) they all become active. So I am trying to make it wife friendly by adding the arm and disarm button to smart tiles dash. instead of them having to click mode then home etc.

My problem is getting the 2 buttons or even a single button to turn on Home or Away mode.

Sent you a Private Message.

1 Like

I’m trying to prevent any manual arming and disarming (especially for the wife!) by just using our phones as presence sensors. There working 80% of the time at the moment.

1 Like

The “implications” of a false alarm (or, heck, even a missed arming of the home) are serious enough that I fear this is not worth automating at this time.

The classic keypad/pin method of arming and disarming the home (traditional alarm systems) has worked pretty well for … decades.