Bulbs not turning off

I have “smart lighting” smartapp installed. It turns my Lightify bulbs on/off.

However the bulbs are not turning off when I check. The smart lighting turns them on via motion sensor (ST type) and after no motion for 4 minds should turn them off.

eg I’ve just checked now, motion was detected at 9:59pm. No motion at 10:04pm yet they are still on at 10:27pm.

Checked in ST app and the recently tab of all the notion stopped at 10:04pm and shows no motion now.

What’s up? It’s frustrating as they are starting on.
Thanks

If you change the delay after motion sensing for the lights to turn off again to zero, it takes about 15 seconds after you leave the room for the lights to go off. Try change it to that and see if it works

Also, can you turn them on and off under the Things menu in the ST app?

I had that rule set up on allot of lights but had to delete as they were turning them on randomly even lights on zwave switches

Same here. I had to create 2 rules. One to turn it on when there’s motion and one to turn off when there’s no motion

Might have to try that

There is a toggle switch in Smart lights to turn lights off with the possibly of a delay

I have the toggle on after no notion turn off. I can control on/off via the app fine.

They are coming on but not switching off after they notion stops. Getting still disappointed with ST. I use basic functions I would say, Samsung smart apps and it can’t do basic things like switch on/off my lights. This is a function I rely on for security to.

I’m a pretty basic user to be honest and don’t know what CoRE is. I’ve bought SmartRules iOS app which helps, but again the promise of updates from the developer has never happened.

Samsung should get this basic thing working though. It’s only switching my lights on and off surely?

Could you post a screenshot of your smart lighting Rule for this.

Also you might want to check all your different rules and make sure there isn’t one that is set to keeping the light on once its one.

If you click on the Light in “My Home” -> “Things”, click on the SmartApp tab to see what SmartApp it is subscribed to that might help track is using it.

I once had a rule that had lights following each other, then tried making one based on motion using the following light and it would never turn off unless the parent light was off as well.

Have you submitted a ticket with support? Maybe there is something wrong deeper than we can look at.

A year already… I’m a basic user as mentioned. I wanted it for security mainly, lighting, and convenience for switching lights on/off when in house.

I bought a Fibaro relay months ago and still haven’t fitted it, as wife at moment keeps switching off the switch to my smart bulbs.

I used to use another rule machine from the community, can’t remember name bit it stopped. Then an even better solution for me anyway an iOS app, SmartRules came out. But although promised, hasn’t been updated, but still works. [quote=“R2D2, post:1, topic:68100, full:true”]
I have “smart lighting” smartapp installed. It turns my Lightify bulbs on/off.

However the bulbs are not turning off when I check. The smart lighting turns them on via motion sensor (ST type) and after no motion for 4 minds should turn them off.

eg I’ve just checked now, motion was detected at 9:59pm. No motion at 10:04pm yet they are still on at 10:27pm.

Checked in ST app and the recently tab of all the notion stopped at 10:04pm and shows no motion now.

What’s up? It’s frustrating as they are starting on.
Thanks
[/quote]

I have a ST motion sensor that activates some wemo bulbs directly connected to the ST Hub as well as some Hue lights through the Hue Bridge. Both work fine and switch off after the preset time. I wonder if it could be an issue with the Lightify bulbs. Do they connect directly to the ST Hub or through a bridge/hub?

PS. The ST motion sensor is slow to react. I grabbed a Hue motion sensor for the hue lights and it works much faster

My lightify are direct to the ST hub yes

I think that is causing the problem. Create two rules and it might fix it. Did for me.

Happened to me, it turned out one of the motion sensor was misbehaving. Go to “My Home” and check if any of the sensor used in this rule are showing any warning