Bug: YeeLight devices always offline

BTW still there is no offical solution from SmartThings.

If I don’t change anything just “edit” then “update” won’t be online.

Facing the same issue here. Thanks to all above for the workaround above updating the lights to “Simulated RGBW Bulb”, that got my lights back online. Pretty frustrating issue though!

My 3 yeelight lights all become offline in the ST app, but automations still work. The yeelight app yesterday was offline for some hours but came online and in ST still offline. May it be a server problem?

Send ticket to smartthings guys we must make our voices heard.

2 Likes

All my lights remain offline no matter what I do… 5 minutes online too and then…
WTF?
Im already thinking switching to philips!

I have sent a ticket to ST, will see what they come back with and update here. Others should submit a ticket too!

How do we do that? Doesn’t seem to be that obvious…

Since the last Hub update I have exactly the same problem: all my seven colour 1S bulbs and two light strips are offline. Frustrating!

Today my lights come back online.

That is your lights’ type? Placeholder or Simulated RGBW?

2 lights as rgbw light and 1 was placeholder, that I forgot to change to rgbw light.

no such luck with me!

I sent the ticket through the mobile app.

I originally used the website while logged in, but got a reply saying to send through mobile app as it’ll go to the right people.

1 Like

That worked! Finally, I got an email and my problem magically was resolved… Let’s see how long it lasts this time…
Anyway, thank you so much!

How did you do it? Can u give us more detail please?

1. Open the SmartThings app and tap Menu on the left
  2. Tap ‘Contact/Help’
  3. Tap ‘Report a problem’
  4. Accept the permissions for creating a log file
  5. App will be redirected to the SmartThings FAQs page
  6. Tap on Contact us / Error reports from the bottom of the page
  7. Submit
1 Like

My lights came back online after your post.

1 Like

Got a reply from the ticket.

===

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We kindly inform you that we have received an answer from the department in charge.

Please contact YeeLight support. YeeLight owns the code/integration with how their devices connect to SmartThings.

There is a current issue that you are experiencing where SmartThings’ calls to control devices are timing out.

We’ve reached out to YeeLight to resolve the issue, however, it is helpful if the all users encountering this issue contact YeeLights and encourages them to make the change.

If you encounter any other unexpected situation and have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

Also, if you visit the Content & Services Customer Support Website, http://help.content.samsung.com, you will be able to find all Samsung Content and Services we support in your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,
Sean
Customer Service Center

===

So it’s seems

• Samsung knows, they’ve let Yeelight know
  • it’s a Yeelight issue (their code/integration)
  • Samsung suggests we contact Yeelight to raise awareness.

I’ll be contacting Yeelight today (probably via a few means) to let them know. I encourage you all to do the same.

1 Like