[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

You’re not though, you’re 100% serious, you’re just trying to save face now and I haven’t developed anything but then neither have you with your personality.

This is the last thing I’ll be saying in response to you on this thread. Have fun.

Can we get this thread back to being about NST Manager v5.0 please. It is not about Ecobee or anything else. Take advertisements elsewhere.

6 Likes

This will have to be completely rewritten to use native nest APIs like this:

I’m no longer able to grab wind and wind gusts from Nest Weather. Did I miss something?

So what is the story with this? Should it still work? I only use it for heat and have therefore not noticed anything out of the ordinary… In the summer. However, I just noticed that it didn’t get temperature data from the nest in 3 weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

It will continue to work until you migrate your nest account to Google.

1 Like

Go in to the NST Manager SmartApp in the Classic app and click save.

Is it possible to turn Nest camera schedules on and off via any API?

When I’m home, I have a couple Nest Outdoor cams that I have scheduled to be on only at night. When we are “away” they are switched on.

But if we’re away for an extended trip, the schedule causes them to go off.

I’d like to be able to turn the schedules off when we’re gone on a trip, then back on when we return.

None that I am aware of. I disabled the schedule for cams in the Nest app and turn streaming on/off through a WebCoRE piston. That way I get the schedule as you described above.

1 Like

That was it, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. At this point I guess I’ll wait to see how the “works with Google Assistant” mess shakes out.

This was sorta user error. I had an error that the wind variables didn’t exist in Webcore. Turns out that the Nest Weather device somehow got removed from Webcore. Once I readded it, the autocomplete didn’t work for wind (so I assumed it was gone). Once I typed the whole variable, things worked without issue.

Back up and running.

1 Like

SO I am screwed? Man I am a dumb ass. so there is no way to “unmigrate”

Nope, unfortunately you’re going to have to wait and see how badly Google has screwed all of this IF they release a “WWGA” version of the Nest stuff.

1 Like

Joining the party late. Have some Nest Protects that I was hoping to link to ST. Got the app/dh installed, but when I try to sync things up, I need to log onto my Nest account. Only problem is that Nest accounts do not exist for new users - they just use google accounts. I can’t get the SmartApp to ask for anything but for the Nest sign in.

Apologies if addressed above, I looked but did not find prior reference. Thanks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You won’t be able to.

Google doesn’t expose the Nest API if you’ve migrated abs and if you’re a new user, you just flat out don’t have access to the Nest API. Google promises they won’t shut down the Best API until they offer something comparable, but that only helps those of us who had it setup before they changed it and even then if we migrate, it goes away.

1 Like

Thanks. I figured that was the case based on my reading of the posts, but was hoping someone had a work around. Luckily I only have the Protects. I use other cameras and thermostat. But was hoping to have automatic lights upon alarms (guess I will have to go old school and use audio detect).

Having to sell my Nest. Sad day.

I hear ya…
I had to depart from my nest when I had my new Lennox system installed. I have an iComfort S30 which is really nice.

Depending on which Lennox system you got, you can still use Nest, they just have to use the terminals on the control board for a traditional thermostat and not their proprietary thermostat terminals but again, depending on the system you got installed, it might not be possible/you might lose certain functionality.

But what with Google royally screwing Nest products right now, I’m seriously considering just going with Z-Wave Thermostats and Z-Wave Smoke Alarms anyway.