[Newbie question] Nst Manager code error

Hi All,

I am a newbie here. I got the code for NST Manager from the repository. I believe that I got the latest code. But when importing in, I got the following errors. Which steps did I miss?

Groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1499724650531329104480.appSetting() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [devOpt] Possible solutions: typeSetting(java.lang.String), typeSetting(java.util.Map), typeSetting(java.lang.String, java.lang.String), getSettings(), setSettings(java.lang.Object), typeSetting(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.List)

Welcome! :sunglasses: Looks like you tried to save a device type handler as a smart app or vice versa.

You will get the fastest answer to your question if you ask in the author thread for that particular code.

So go to the following thread (this is a clickable link) check the instructions there, and if that doesnā€™t clear up any confusion, just ask your question there and someone will be glad to help.

In the future, you might try using the quick browse lists in the community ā€“ created wiki to find the author threads quickly. :sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

And the following FAQ might also help with understanding the general process:

Hi Robert, I did post at the Nst Manager thread but I am new here and I am lost to find my own question and any answer if there is one :slight_smile: So we donā€™t get e-mail for the answers just like I didnā€™t get for your reply.

Anyway, I think you have found my problem but then I have followed up questions.

Re: Looks like you tried to save a device type handler as a smart app or vice versa.

Thatā€™s what I did, which is wrong. So after I installed the Smartapp, I see no Nest on my ST. So I clicked on the SmartApp and saw the code. I copied that code and pasted over my device handler, which is not correct. So where do I find the code? What steps do I have to do after I installed the Smart App?

Unfortunately, I donā€™t use that particular device so Iā€™m not familiar with that smart app. Really the best thing is for you to ask in the thread that I linked to above. The author is notified every time there is a new post to that thread and also other people who do have the device will be able to help you there. :sunglasses:

1 Like