[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I don’t think what Nest did was pointed at you. I think they did this across the board.

I have a Nest Developer Account already (I’m also running NST Manager Beta still) and when I opened NST Manager yesterday, my credentials were no longer in place which resulted in my devices not reporting for a period of time. I simply logged back into Nest from NST Manager and re-authenticated / reauthorized and everything is fine again.

For those of you who have been running on the original tokens provided by NST Manager, you must now create the Nest Developer Account and apply the Product and Secret to the clientID and clientSecret to the settings in NST Manager. Then when you reauthorize through NST Manager, make sure you walk through all the Save/Next/Done buttons in NST Manager until it exists you out to your main page for your SmartApps. Your devices will begin reporting again. Wait at least 25 minute for this to happen.

For those of you that are going about this by deleting devices, Device Handlers, SmartApps or uninstalling, well that’s unnecessary and going to make life difficult. No need to do that. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. Do I do this from the App or from the IDE? When I go to the NST Manager on the App I don’t have a prompt for Application Preferences. All I see is a Status Page saying that Nest Developer Data Missing.

You edit NST Manager in IDE and add to the clientID and clientSecret under Settings from the Product ID and Product Secret generated in your Nest Developer Account. It’s in the instructions in the PDF as one of the last things to do.

EDIT: didn’t see your reply was regarding accessing the logout/login page. My apologies. Going to leave the rest of the post in place for others though.

Thanks. I was going to try what Eric suggested first before creating a developer account but unsure where to find ‘Application Preferences’.

With the screen we were/are getting, there is no way to access application preferences.

ahhhhh - got it. Thanks! I will follow directions and create a developer account.

That makes life very difficult then. :joy:

It’s probably trying to use the existing credentials possibly then. Do you have Nest Developer account already?

Read my post from earlier today. I am fine now after creating the NDA.

1 Like

@shag if you can’t get to the logout/login inside the NST Manager mobile, create the Nest Developer account and follow those procedures. Exit all the way out of your NST Manager on the mobile before you proceed.

Was skipping around and missed your post. For most it should be as straight forward as your resolution :slight_smile:

Ok. Found that I had a problem with the permissions on the Nest product, so had to fix that.

Once I did that, I had this warn in the log:

11:01:58 AM: warn || NST Manager | addRemoveDevices Exception | Error: Can’t Remove Device. One or more of them are still in use by other SmartApps or Routines. Please remove them and try again!
11:01:58 AM: debug NST Manager | Removing 1 devices: [Nest Thermostat - Hallway]

After removing everything that referenced this, the device was removed, but then I was without a thermostat.

perhaps related, I Also saw this in the logs:
11:22:23 AM: warn || NST Manager | createSavedNest: No Structures Found!!!
111:22:23 AM: warn || NST Manager | Missing: structData null

After removing devices and the app and rebuilding everything, things seem to be working again.

One note possibly related: After resetting the nest login the first few times, the locations was displayed as null and I was never prompted to select location like I was when I reinstalled the smartapp.

Have your devices begun reporting again?

One of the most important things when applying something new or making any update in NST Manager is that you walk it through pressing Save/Done/Next (buttons vary between iOS and Android) until it exits you all the way out of NST Manager. It’s very important for the devices to take the SmartApps changes into effect.

If you simply open NST Manager in your SmartApps and then immediately press Save or Done, it will then exit you back to all your SmartApps. Your devices should then report within 15 minutes.

Yep, this has happened to many others including myself. The only way out was to remove / uninstall everything like you end up doing. :slight_smile: I personally worked with at least a dozen other customers that had this happen and the end result is that we started from scratch (fresh install).

If anyone has their Location or Home / Away displaying as “null” in NST Manager that is it’s own issue. A bigger issue in of itself.

My NST Manager stopped working today, so I created a Dev account and am also getting this error.

One other thing I forgot to include here: Since the thermostat that needed to be removed by in use by a NST Automation, I had to remove that, but NST Manager didn’t display the automations since it didn’t see a thermostat, so i had to modify the NST manager smart app to let me into the automations so I could remove it.

Are you receiving this error after updating NST Manager with the ClientID and ClientSecret in the Settings and pressing Update?

Details and screenshots would help understand exactly when and where this is occurring.

That is correct. I add the ID and secret, then press Update. Here’s the screen:

1 Like

Were you previously using an original token issued by NST Manager? Did you create the Nest Developer account to replace the older token?

Yes and yes. All done about 15 minutes ago.