[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

That’s amazing news. Is this a question of WHEN or is it possible they won’t add support to the API at all? That lock drives me nuts. It’s the only thing I can’t get in ST in my house.

BTW, incredible job on NST Manager! Game changer man!

1 Like

They’ve been revamping their developer stuff, I have a feeling we might see some change in Nest and Google next month at Google I/O…

2 Likes

I am having some issues with NST pulling the weather info, it doesnt appear to be working, any ideas?

are you up to date with the latest versions of nest manager and devices?

ST made a lot of changes to their weather apis over last few months, so you need to be on latest code to be up to date.

i thought nst would auto update. is there an easy way to update what I have currently?

You may want to check out ST community installer for updating NST Manager :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes NST Manager works perfectly and I can adjust the Nest temperature without a problem. Other times nothing works and I get “Temperature was not set exception, Too Many Requests.error response” when I try to do anything.

Any idea why this is ocurring?

Nest is playing with their apis and it appears with their rate-limiting.

I’m giving tony an update to be more conservative in command issuing to see if this resolves some of the rate limiting issues. For those doing polling, I would also suggest you don’t lower the default polling as that is more likely to get into rate limiting issues.

1 Like

I just installed this a few days ago. Am I doing something wrong? The graph history seems to be in Celsius, but my other values are in Fahrenheit.

So I’ve been waiting for a smart doorbell that has facial recognition for the Familiar Faces feature, AND that works with SmartThings. Last I checked, there’s still limited SmartThings support for the Nest Hello, in that this DTH shows the doorbell as a camera. Is that still true? Should I continue to hold out in hopes of this support coming in the future? Or, based on what you’ve seen Google do with its API, is it unlikely they’ll open it up for their doorbell?

I truthfully don’t know where they will take there api. I think it’s rather strange they have been so silent.

And honestly with Wyze kicking their ass in camera sales, I’m hoping they wise up and open it up their api more…

2 Likes

yay finally got it all removed and can start fresh! thanks for the tip. Had to also disable thermostat entries within webcore and other smartapps available devices but then finally i was able to get past the “device is in use” error when trying to delete it. Also thanks for the reminder about the incognito window. I am always forgetting that one.
Edit:
I now have a fresh install and see the graphs again and everything is back to functioning as it should besides one thing, my downstairs thermostat. I have 3 zones and the other two work just fine. The downstairs one was rebooted already twice, it came on for a short moment in the nst manager smartapp and let me set a temperature once, then it went back to being unavailable. Any thoughts or suggestions? I migtht reboot my router for who knows what its worth and let you know in case that fixes it. The thermostat had twice in the last days failed to display the weather when i walked up to it…
Edit2:
good old reboot of router and hub fixed it!

Hi

is anyone else having to reset the token quite frequently, every few days / week. I used to never have to do this but over the last few months its been a pain and just stops working without knowing?

Dave

I have not seen having to reset the token. I have seen Nest apis having issues. Nest is making a lot of changes to their infrastructure.

We are putting out a release to be more conservative in command issuing to Nest.

Usually folks just need to go into NST manager and hit “done” (vs. having to reset the token).

If you continue to see token reset requirements, we likely should chat in a private message so we can see logs of what is happening. We have not seen this as a general issue to date.

Ah ok. Next time I’ll go into nest manager and hit done to see what happens.
Is there a way I can get a notification when it goes down? Is this possible in core? It’s just a pain to having to keep checking it’s done what the routine has asked it to do…

there are notification settings in not manager you should look at. These can warn if unable to check with nest.

Tony has posted an update that is more conservative on sending command to nest.
Please ensure your nst manager, automations and device handers are up to date

1 Like

Can the nest manager change the display and farsight settings? This would really help me out. Thanks!

I’m not aware these are in their API.

If you find parameters you want in their published API (developers.nest.com), that is what we have available.

OK. Thanks!