Ok I’m ready to finally share this with the community
I want to start off by saying thanks to @coreylista for all his wisdom and contributions in helping me make this happen!
Think of this as a 2-tap installer of any of your apps/devices
- Users will install this single SmartApp into there IDE
- Enable OAuth which will then act like a MarketPlace to allow them to install any SmartApp/Devices that developer submitted to be installed or updated all with out ever touching any code.
- Adds the Github Repo to the IDE
- Installs any required apps/devices and allows them to select from any optional items the dev makes available
- Publishes any designated by the developers apps that need published.
- Enables OAuth for any SmartApps the developer defines.
- One-Touch Updates or Apps and Devices
- Includes RealTime Install/View counts and ratings which developers can use to see how much activity they are receiving for there apps/devices.
- It’s very secure because you never leave the ST Mobile App.
- You never leave the app and it requires users to manually initiate all actions.
- When I finish integrating everything it will also allow one-click code updates of any of the submitted dev apps.
- The entire app is hosted in the SmartApp so your data is safe.
I’ve already reached out to quite a few community devs who have added there software for this Beta launch and I suspect that more will want to join once they understand how amazing this is.
Now for the Images
Quick Walkthrough Video
In this video i’m installing @storageanarchy Ecobee Suite
It contains the following items:
- 1 Parent App
- 7 Child Apps
- 2 Devices
Getting Started Documentation
(Thanks to @MichaelS for putting it all together for me!)
- You’;re in a region that supports the IDE GitHub integration!
If you are interested in getting your apps and devices into the software please PM as the submission process is still in development.