Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

A little help here please. I’m trying to connect RM mini3 through the cloud. I have every thing set up to the point where the device shows on my android phone Smartthing app, but I get now response from my device( TV on). When testing with the RM Bridge app, it works. I’m sure I’m missing something. I don’t have a hub.
Thanks in advance.

Bill

Did you open firewall port ? If you dont have Hub then you need to open firewall port on your router.

Yes, thanks, using port 8033

name of my device is TV on in the RM Bridge app, Name in smarthings is TV same for label. per my understanding of the instructions. Show up as TV in Smartapp.

Thats right. It should show as TV on smartthings. Could you please confirm that in device handler you used your internet IP not internal id ?

I replaced the xxxx in the sketch with the same Ip that shows up in the RM Bridge phone app example 192.168.0.16:8033, if tat’s what you mean.

Yes. Google whatismyip and use internet ip. Ip you used is interanet ip
which is available only in home. Since you dont have hub, you need to use
internet ip.

ok, great that works, so with that, I’ll need to use No-ip because my ip is dynamic not static if I understand.

Thanks

I’m glad it worked out! Unles you reboot router or change mac address in router, IP should be same.

Pretty disappointed in the RM pro, the ir seems weaker than my RM mini3 and getting the rf to take is all but impossible. I got one ceiling fan to take all the buttons but the others took one or two buttons only. Before I send it back, maybe there’s a trick or two someone here knows that would make it more useful. I got to tell ya the Mini3 has great ir coverage. Ok update, one of my fan remotes that kept timing out wen trying to read rf codes, today all buttons work without doing anything today. However, still can’t get Rm Bridge to read codes, even though freq. scan seems to work.

Hi itsamti. I have a Broadlink + ST hub. I tried using your code, but it’s not doing anything for me. No commands are being sent to the Broadlink hub. It works ok with beckyricha’s code. Any idea what is going on? Thank you in advance.

Did you reset your router port?

I may have edited code and messed up. I have working copy on my smartthings hub. I will refresh code in GITHUT in few mins. You can try after that. Note that my code usage Device ID whereas Device Name is being used in beckyricha’s code. So make sure Device ID is given correctly in switches you are creating.

Edit: Just updated code in github. please use below

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/Broadlink-RM-SmartThings-Alexa/master/Broadlink%20RM%20Bridge%20Switch%20LAN

I also reverse engineered Lights automation and created new SmartApp -Automated lights for using virtual switches to group lights.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/Automate%20Lights

For example - you want to create simulated switch HOME LIGHTS , which will control all home lights (Say 20 RF switches).
I found issues with using standard simulated switch and standard smartthings published Lights Automation. Since Broadlink doesnt report ON/OFF status correctly, simulated switch will not turn off RF switch if it was turn on using remote. I guess it checks the smartthings switch status and turning on with remote will not change status in smartthings.

This issue will be resolved if Simulated switch is created using device handler I have created ( https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/RM%20Bridge%20Simulated%20Switch ) and using Automated Lights SmartApp ( https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/Automate%20Lights ).

I can turn off lights using simulated switch regardless what status smartthings is showing. I also used HOME LIGHTS simulated switch in Alexa and was able to turn off lights which didnt work with standard smartthings simulated switch and smartapp.

Having said that, its not mandatory to use code i have written to create simulated switch (to group lights and automate). Use only if you face similar issue as described above.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply itsamti. I got it “working” by copying & pasting some of your code into becyricha’s code, but I’ll test your updated code tonight. Thanks once again.

1 Like

All, I am planning to buy below switches to control with Broadlink. Much cheaper than getting z-wave switches.

Anyone using them ?

I’m curious on how you would get RM Bridge to learn the TC2 frequency code since there is no RF remote.

Good catch. Gave incorrect product link. But similar wall switches are available with rf remote

1 Way 1 Gang Crystal Glass Panel Smart Touch Light Wall Switch Remote Controller White/Black/Gold AC110V-240V
http://s.aliexpress.com/UVVnaue2
(from AliExpress Android)

Smart Home Wall Light Switch,US Standard ,Crystal Glass Panel 3Gang 1Way Touch
http://s.aliexpress.com/Qbieuayu
(from AliExpress Android)

Hi,
I’m seeing the same problem as Kickers56 when trying to use Lightwave RF code learning. It’s weird as it occasionally retrieves the learned code remotely through the Broadlink API OK and displays it but I can see that the code is 908 bytes long and it fails to work through the bridge when sent as a request. It looks a bit as if the problem isn’t in the Broadlink API (as it returns the whole 908 byte code) but possibly in the Bridge handling that and the rest of the message. As CoCo (TrustHome) equipment shares the Lightwave structure I guess that isn’t going to work either. Do you have any contact details for the author of RM Bridge? Be great to get this tiny problem fixed and Lightwave/CoCo devices working.

Here is the developer’s contact info:

Name: Jochen Ruehl
Email: android@fun2code.de
Franz-Liszt-Str. 2a
76669 Bad Schoenborn
Germany

Thanks very much for the info. I’ve posted a message on his forum and I’ll mail him.

I have to say though that I’m pretty well giving up on that bridge I think. I’ve tried the Tasker RM Bridge and that sends all commands correctly (even at 908 bytes) which supports my suspicion that it probably isn’t actually the Broadlink API at fault.
Kind regards
Andy