[BETA v0515] Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller

Make sure you have the DTH installed BEFORE you add it to ST.

Turn off the breaker to the fan
Put ST in add new device mode
Turn on break to the fan
Turn light on and a few times.

The range on this crazy bad. So you might need to move the hub closer to get it going.

To add to what @LadySapphy said, get yourself an Iris Smart Plug to act as a Zigbee repeater if your install location is far from your hub. Drove me nuts getting this thing paired without a repeater.

Anyone have experience with these controllers just not responding to the remote anymore? Oddly I have one that works perfectly with smartthings, and the other wont. The one that responds to smartthings, wont accept commands from the remote at all.

First thanks to all involved!!! I have been using Wink since day 1. I bought ST as a backup but never used it until today. Followed all instructions and everything is working great! Hopefully this won’t stop working with the fan like the Wink Hub 2 did.

Question / Problem: I see the option to dim the lights in the ST app, but it doesn’t work. When it did work in Wink the dimming worked, but no matter what % the slider in ST is at the lights stay at the same brightness.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue–my lights are on 100% at 1% or 100% brightness in the child device for the light. Any ideas?

I ended up having to cycle through the dimmer (high to low, low to high) on the remote before SmartThings would figure out it could dim it. I had to do it on all 4 ceiling fans.

Damn–so basically I need to get ahold of at least one remote to get dimming working? Unfortunate
but I was eventually going to pick one up I suppose :expressionless:

Yeah, it seemed weird for me
I have one in every room but if I am too lazy, I just open the back and re-assign the DIP switches.

hey this works perfectly for me thanks! I have never used a device with “children” before but i got it working without too much problem. My only issue with this device wasn’t even due to this app. There’s a dip-switch in the remote that disables dimming of the lights, and if it’s flipped, it stops dimming no matter if it’s from the app or the remote. I couldn’t get dimming to work but that fixed it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. The inability to dim was driving me nuts. Flipping that dip-switch fixed it.

Thanks for the code and app. First one installed today and working great. Now I need to buy 2 more. :slight_smile:

You gotta be friggin kidding me!!! After all that time it was a stupid dip switch on the stupid remote that kept dimming from working.

1 Like

this was my problem thanks for posting!

i ended up re-pairing mine to my wink hub. It wouldn’t stay on smartthings.

Hey everyone. I have been using this for a couple weeks now and it device handler itself works great. Like others have mentioned in this thread though, my fan stops responding to SmartThings frequently. To resolve this I cycle the power to the fan and it begins working again for about day until it fails again.

Has anyone found a good solution to this problem? My wife is getting rather annoyed with me and this fan

Thanks!

Both my fans (on opposite ends of the house) have been really solid since installing a zigbee outlet (acts as a repeater) closeby.

2 Likes

No issues with Zigbee range on my fans but has anyone noticed they stop running after a random amount of time? All 4 of mine do that. They report they are off and it does not look like ST is doing it from the logs.

Happens randomly to me too. It wasn’t working yesterday but it is today.

When you say “they stop running”, do you mean that you have them on and at some point they shut off on their own?

Yep. They are on for a random amount of time and they stop. They start back up when I turn them back on but it is a random amount of time before they stop.