[BETA v0515] Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller

Funny, at one point I had the same problem intermittently and actually changed the default name to “Living Room Fan LAMP”.
@dalec used Google Home and did not have the same problem so we changed it back to LIGHT. When I tested it again with Alexa, it I couldn’t replicate the problem so we left it as “light”.

I believe the problem is that the Echo is blind to the word “light” to make it simpler for the end user. That way if we have a device named “overhead lights”, we could say “turn off overheads” or “turn off overhead lights” and it would process them the same.

If all else fails, try renaming the light component to something like “Lamp” and let us know.

1 Like

I think you’re right. I’m gonna try a couple variations and see what I get.

Hopefully a quick question… I have a room with two fans on separate circuits, if I set the dip switches on the receivers the same will one wall mounted transmitter control both? I.e. Turn on/off the lights and fans as one? Are there any implications to this setup in SmartThings or otherwise? Any help is appreciated.

Now available on Home Depot online!

Wink Enabled White Universal Ceiling Fan Premier Remote Control

2 Likes

Wow, I honestly thought they were just messing with us and would never release it.

So much for that “email me when in stock” feature on the HD website…

2 Likes

Yes. If the dip switches are set the same, and each fan receiver is within the RF range of the remote transmitter. You’ll have no separate control over each fan/light, they’ll both do exactly the same thing whenever you use the remote. But if I’m reading correctly, that’s what you want.

1 Like

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

What is this exactly? The description says “remote control”…but it pictures both the remote and the internal receiver. If this is $50 for both, I’m definitely in for 2.

It is. Mine will be delivered on Friday.

1 Like

What exactly does breeze do?

edit: Oh, I see now. Duh.

I wonder if that’s hard on the motor?

Any way to get reverse added to the DH, or is it not supported in the controller.

I spoke with @ranga about this a while back and I believe he was not able to find a zigbee command for reverse. If you have the remote control (and a fan that supports it) there is a button for reverse.

As a note this is now in stock at Home Depot.

2 Likes

@JDRoberts @dckirker Dredging up an old issue but with a new question. When I’ve mapped my Zigbee network, my OSRAM GardenSpots are very aggressive at inserting themselves as repeaters. Osram gateways can be found dirt-cheap so I’ve ordered one with the idea of putting several GardenSpots and an A19 bulb on their own gateway so the SmartThings Zigbee mesh is unaware of them. As I understand it, the Osram Gateway will connect via Wi-Fi to the ST hub and then Zigbee to the Lightify devices. Problem solved? Issues? Thanks.

Unfortunately there is no integration that I’m aware of between the Osram Gateway and the smartthings hub. Osram doesn’t have an open API unless something has changed recently. So if you connect your light to the Osram gateway they will indeed be invisible to smartthings, but you won’t have any integration with them at all.

It’s up to each manufacturer whether they choose to make the gateway open to third-party communications. Phillips does with their hue bridge, but a lot of other lighting systems don’t.

@Sticks18

This is true…however

This is not…:wink:

It appears pretty limited to me (I didn’t see options to engage color loops or setting default, which are some nice Lightify features), but shouldn’t be too tough for anyone that has written anything for Hue. There are also some already written versions in various languages on GitHub.

https://us.lightify-api.org/

1 Like

Thanks @JDRoberts and @Sticks18 . I mis-read the manual that speaks of compatibility with SmartThings. They meant the actual lights would work with ST (which I already know and am trying to avoid!), not that the Gateway would talk to ST.

1 Like

Just got this fan, however two things: I cant get the fan into pairing mode, and I cant follow this thread as its gotten way too branch out. Please, pretty please write a Detailed step by step for those of us who are challenged…

I have used community Device Handlers before without issue, this one seems to be elusive…maybe its just me.

Thanks

Unfortunately there is no step by step with resetting this device and getting to pair mode. Different people had success in different ways. Start from post 23 and you will have to do some reading and experimenting with timings. Good luck.