[Beta] Terncy Edge Driver release (Through Terncy Home Center)

Hi,

I’ve managed to release a beta edge driver for Terncy, if you have Terncy product, please enable through this invitation. A video tutorial is available at: Setup Terncy in SmartThings - YouTube
Your usage and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Full instructions here: GitHub - rxwen/smartthings-terncy-driver: edge driver usage of terncy system in smartthings

Thanks for your attention and participation.

And thanks for @TAustin @lmullineux @erickv @nayelyz for great help.

3 Likes

Very exciting! I know the integration is through the Terncy gateway, but which devices will be included?

1. For example, Terncy has a very cool multisensor which includes
    A) two PIR motion sensors, which are supposed to be able to tell if you are coming into a room or going out of it
    B) lux sensor
    C) temperature sensor.

Last time I looked, edge Drivers didn’t have support for lux sensors. And I don’t think smartthings can interpret the motion sensors in the same way that the Terncy gateway does. So would it just look like a motion and temperature sensor? Or?

1. The smart dial is a battery powered rotary device. Would that just look like a dimmer switch?

2. The smart switch is a battery powered button which supports press, double press, and long hold. Will all three be exposed to smartthings?

3. does the doorlock work with smartthings? What functionality is supported if it is?

4. The air conditioner gateway is a very complex device which can control up to 32 subordinate devices. Is it available through the integration, and again, what functionality is supported if it is?

5. Terncy has both a 2 gang and 3 gang lighting module. Are all the gangs exposed? Can you get voice control of them from Alexa (a problem with some multi component edge Drivers).

6. what features of the smart curtain motor are exposed?

7. Terncy has its own version of scenes, are those exposed?

8. I assume the smart plug, open/close sensor, and smart socket are just basic devices and are all included, but is that correct?

1 Like

I’ll update the list in the github.
To summarize, all of wall switch, switch module, (on off, color, color temperature) lights, curtain motor are supported.
The list will keep growing.

1 Like

So many professional questions :), please hang on.

1 Like

Mostly just trying to figure out which quick browse lists to include it on so more people will see the integration. :grin:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Edge_Drivers

For example, Terncy has a very cool multisensor which includes
A) two PIR motion sensors, which are supposed to be able to tell if you are coming into a room or going out of it
B) lux sensor
C) temperature sensor.

The multisensor is exposed to SmartThings as button, motion sensor, temperature sensor and lux sensor

Last time I looked, edge Drivers didn’t have support for lux sensors. And I don’t think smartthings can interpret the motion sensors in the same way that the Terncy gateway does. So would it just look like a motion and temperature sensor? Or?

The smart dial is a battery powered rotary device. Would that just look like a dimmer switch?

The smart dial is exposed as a button to SmartThings at present(2022-02-11), and I’m have not found that ST’s capability has support yet

The smart switch is a battery powered button which supports press, double press, and long hold. Will all three be exposed to smartthings?

The programmable button and the relay are exposed, with single, double, triple press supported

does the doorlock work with smartthings? What functionality is supported if it is?

The doorlock is not exposed to SmartThings at present(2022-02-11), becase Terncy doesn’t support it at the sdk level, due to security concern

The air conditioner gateway is a very complex device which can control up to 32 subordinate devices. Is it available through the integration, and again, what functionality is supported if it is?

The air conditioner gateway is not exposed to SmartThings at present(2022-02-11)

Terncy has both a 2 gang and 3 gang lighting module. Are all the gangs exposed? Can you get voice control of them from Alexa (a problem with some multi component edge Drivers).

Yes, all gangs are exposed. Terncy itself support Alexa, so I think there is no problem to use Terncy devices in Alexa

what features of the smart curtain motor are exposed?

Open and close curtain are supported, the percent capability is in proposed state, not sure if it’s usable now

Terncy has its own version of scenes, are those exposed?

Scenes are not exposed to SmartThings at present(2022-02-11)

I assume the smart plug, open/close sensor, and smart socket are just basic devices and are all included, but is that correct?

Correct

1 Like

Thank you, very helpful.

I’ve added the tags so this will show up on the right quick browse lists in the community – created wiki and more people will see it. :sunglasses:

If we published a driver and has been installed to a ST hub, then we updated the driver on our channel, how can the end user update the driver version in his hub?

It happens automatically once a day I believe

They can force it using the cli if they don’t want to wait.

If the profile has changed, sometimes it will require a hub reboot

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

BTW, any chance you know where can I find reference to how to emit a keypress event. I was not able to find such capability. Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure I understand your question, or what you mean by a key press?

Events are emitted on capabilities, the capability reference is here Capabilities Reference | SmartThings Developers

And you can have custom capabilities too, on which you can define commands upon which you can emit events.

Really not sure i understand your question

1 Like

I found it. It’s a pushed state of a button device. Thanks.

2 Likes