Automations in SmartThings app stopped working this week (SmartThings Hub + Motion Sensor)

I have automations in the SmartThings app that stopped working this week. One was an automation to turn on a light when the Samsung SmartThings GP-U999SJVLBAA Magnetic Motion Sensor detected motion, and the other was to turn off the light when no motion was detected.

The motion sensor still detects motion just fine (I can see it updating the motion status in the app), and the light works fine (I can turn it on and off in the app). But it seems to be ignoring the automations now.

I haven’t changed anything. Has anyone seen this issue?

1 Like

I have the same issue with the same sensors as you. I have a few motion triggered automations, both of which stopped working. Both are completely separate devices. First is a motion triggered light. Second is a motion triggered notification. Neither works anymore, but the app shows that both motion detectors are functioning correctly.

Does anyone from Samsung support ever check these forums?

I would imagine this is just a community forum but it would be good to understand where to raise defects :slight_smile:

You can also send a log file when the Wi-Fi Hub has issues to help improve its performance.