Automations disappeared but still applying rule

A few days ago I created two automations based on change Location mode, Example: if Location Mode change to Night, then run scene and send push notification. This works fine for a week, but one day, when running automation, about 20 push notification were sent, as if a loop was being generated, then when I wanted to edit or delete it, these settings disappeared from my automations page, but the rules I created are still applying. How can I get these to show up again in my automations page so I can make changes or delete the rules?

1 Like

I think the best course of action for you is to contact support. Support@smartthings.com or Support@smartthings.co.uk , depends what country you are from.

Otherwise, you can try to clear the app’s cache, delete the app and add the app again to your phone. The rule might would show up, but I think that you have hit some a situation with a Ghost Automation.

Thank you GSzabados, I tried cleaning the App’s cache, and delete the app and add again, but the issue persist.
I already contacted support, I hope they can solve my problem.

Hi friends, I think I’ve solved the issue, I delete Smart Home Monitor and all the Automations that include change on SHM and location mode, then add SHM and created automations again; all using the New Smartthigs APP. So far everything is ok, the “Ghost Automation” haven’t been activated again, I hope it stays that way. I will be reporting you any news.

Thanks
PDT: I still have no answer from smartthings support

I had this same exact issue you described with the 20 looping push notifications due to SHM and Automations that use Location.Mode changes. Whenever one of my Automations would trigger a Location.Mode change, all kinds of crazy, unexpected behavior would happen including the Automations disappearing from the App. This has been a huge PITA causing me to re-create my Automations from scratch each time, then having them behave unexpectedly and delete themselves. There are some serious backend issues going on here. As a developer myself, seeing this occurring on Samsung’s platform makes me sick to my stomach. I’m hoping this has something to do with a botched migration from the V2 App to the V3 App.

I followed your recommendation to delete Smart Home Monitor through Smart Apps > … > Delete, and also deleting all of my Automations that include location.mode or security.mode changes. I then re-added everything back from scratch - hopefully for the last time.