Automation Ideas (Videos) (Smart Doorbell Greeting)

Hey guys and gals

I’m back again with a few cool projects I’ve done over the last few months. I’ve got a lot more I want to share with the community, and possibly spark some ideas for others.

Smart Doorbell Greeting
Using a Ring Pro, SmartThings, and a Sonos Play One I’ve setup a door bell greeting that announces to guests that “She” is notifying us the “Home Owners”. I’ve also have one setup for away more that say’s we cannot come to the door and that “She” is recording and to leave a message. Another greeting is a DND that we can turn on and off basically state the same things if we don’t want to be bothered at home.

Smart Wake Up Alarm
Using an Eight Matress Cover, IFTTT, SmartThings, BigAssFan, and Sonos I’ve setup an alarm that Eight triggers when i’m in my lightest sleep 30 minutes before the alarm goes off. SmartThings then plays a sound I’ve specified to wake me up, and then a minute after that using Alexa Helper a morning report tells me all the information I need to know with sensors.

I’ll be updating this post from time to time with cool new things I’ve done. I hope to do a full video in the future with how the home works fully autonomously. If you have any questions on how I accomplished any of these tasks feel free to ask. I would love to help, as I’ve gained a lot of knowledge from everyone here.

3 Likes