Aqara (Zigbee) Temperature and Humidity Sensor on Amazon - $17

3 Likes

Just to note: this is the best price in the last 3 months, but in the last 6 months they’ve been onsale for $15 (you can see this at camelcamelcamel). I actually bought 2 of these from Amazon at their low point in Nov 2020 ($14.59).

These work well for me on my other brand hub, but I have a few Ikea smart plugs as Zigbee repeaters, which keeps the non-standard Zigbee 3 these use happy. I got these just to be able to measure humidity in a bathroom.

these are indeed an amazing value. I don’t like the CR2032, nonrechargeable but the actual lifetime is pretty good, maybe a real 2 years. Irregularly they may cease reporting until manual re-discovery.

They pair to Smartthings hub (I think) and Hubitat. Not sure if Smartthings device reveals the most unique feature… Hubitat requires a customization in device handler, adds the attribute…

barometric pressure. Suddenly it is easy to tell when I should pump down the coffee bean jar vacuum - crazy

It is not yet clear to me how to fully modify the handler to allow subscription for graphing so the chart was WAY too much work. I shd have more time for this foolishness when I get RIF-ed

This is a result of the slightly non-standard Zigbee 3 these devices use - they fall off the mesh. If this is happening to you, you need some Zigbee repeaters that are more tolerant of these. As I said, the Ikea plugs work well for my mesh keeping these connected.

1 Like

I have had some attached though Sonoff smart plug too and have been pretty stable.

2 Likes

After adapting to the host of the Tuya gateway, you can use the intelligent speaker to control or obtain the information you need. Support mainstream intelligent speaker voice platform access such as for Amazon Alexa, for Google Assistant.