Aqara Contact sensor

I’ve a Aqara contact sensor which is stuck on closed. I’m using the YG Edge driver for the sensor. The sensor is near my hub and used to work normally.

I’ve tried to delete and reconnect the device and changed to another driver. The problem stays the same.

I’ve another aqara contact sensor which is just working fine.
Log from the one which is not working.

The device is also not responding to a get request.

Device “Voordeur” is not working.

Ik vermoed dat ik in het Nederlands kan antwoorden… :wink:
But I’ll stick to English as it is a international community!

My guess would be that the sensor is just broken. In the sensor is a little strip that get’s pulled when the magnet is close enough and then it says closed. When you open the door the contact should close, but if the strip is broken it won’t.
Try tapping it a bit with the door open, maybe it’s just stuck?

Roy gave me some tips but the problem is still there. The contact sensor stays closed. When I keep the door for a amount of time open, it changes to open. After that, de sensor respons as how it should be. Open/close changes direct in the app. When the door is closed for a amount of time, the problem just comes back and the sensor stays closed…

It also updates states

What could be te problem?

Have you tried a different magnet segment ?
What about moving it away from current location?
Ignoring the battery settings have you tried swapping battery?

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try this.

I didn’t try another magnet but replaced it and also deleted the device and add it again.

When I removed the battery, the device just stayed online. Even after refreshing and changing driver.

The device worked right for a moment. Open and Closing. But right now, on the old location. It takes like 15 seconds to change it to open but closed is like instant…

The current location is really close to my hub.

I too am having issues with this Aqara contact (“Door and Window”) sensor. It pairs ok using next to the ST Hub using the "Zigbee "Contact Mc edge driver but then shows as permanently open, displays “This device hasn’t updated all of its status information yet. Check Again later” when you open the tile, and has no event history. I removed and re-added and just get the same results.

These are small and cheap and I was thinking of deploying a batch of them on windows so am keen to know if it’s something I’m doing and whether others are finding them reliable.

Same issues here, Aqara motion sensor was working fine then just stopped. It powers up as can go into pairing mode, but can’t now get it recognised at all.

I got mine working again. I think it had to do with my zigbee network. I switched to home assistant zigbee2mqtt which is super stable. I noticed that if the aqara sensor connected was with a warm white ikea zigbee bulb and then to the hub it didnt work. When I used another zigbee bulb it did work.

@Ben7 & @Flrdb - May I ask which edge driver you are using?
I was using the Zigbee Contact driver from Veon but I just tried changing the driver to the stock ST Zigbee Switch driver and the sensor now works. Of course I want open/closed not on/off but at least I can see the sensor working.

I did ad by brand and used the one from Yakog (yg).

Many thanks. I have just realised that there are at least 3 different Aqara “Door and Window Sensors” - 4 if you include their latest Matter device. I have the “E1” type on the right of the image below, so can I ask if you are also using the same E1 model? If so, do you have a link to the channel where I can subscribe to get that edge driver?

In case it helps anyone here, my sensor now works perfectly thanks to the ZigBee Contact Mc driver by @Mariano_Colmenarejo - link here