Apple Watch App Crashes

The Apple Watch app has stopped working since the last update. The app just crashes every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled but same result. Watch is less than a week old.

Have you contacted support ?

Wanted to know if I was the only one.

If you use the “search” function of this community first you will have much better reaults on your quest for answers…

Here is the answer to your problem ^^^

Thanks but as I already searched and read several threads, that one included, I wasn’t able to find any relevant posts. The one you offered didn’t help me at all as its talking about migrating from the previous App to 2.0 on your phone and that the widget/ watch feature might be affecting the 2.0 install. I had already upgraded before getting the watch and in fact, had the Watch App running. They have released several patches to 2.0, the latest of which was last week and rendered the watch app DOA. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but no use, app still crashes. So if you have an  Watch and it does or doesn’t work and you’re using the latest update of the mobile app, let me know. Otherwise, if you find it such a chore to read threads and answer questions, then keep in mind that it’s optional.

1 Like

I updated to the latest version of the mobile app, iOS 2.0.3, and my watch widgets are working OK.

I did the following steps:

One) removed all widgets in the smart things mobile app

Two) use the watch app on the phone to remove smart things from the watch

Three) updated the mobile app

Four) added the widgets back through the smartthings mobile app

Five) use the watch app on the phone to reinstall smartthings to the watch

As I have auto update on, I didn’t get a chance to follow that for the update, but I tried similarly with completely removing SmartThings.

I removed the watch app

I removed the widget

Turned off any widget settings in the app

Removed the app

Reinstalled the app

Turned on widget settings, added the widget to my phone

Add app back to watch.

No good.

1 Like

I don’t know if it makes any difference, but your sequence was different than mine.

I went into the SmartThings mobile app first and turned off the widgets.

Then I went to the official watch app and uninstalled the smartthings from the watch.

So I turn them off before I uninstalled it. Looks like you did them in the reverse order.

like I said, I don’t know if that makes any difference but just wanted to mention it.

You’re not alone. I contacted support, and they provided a temporary fix. They’re aware of the problem and plan for a solution in the next release.

Any chance they will update the watch app to be local to the watch since that is allowed on WatchOS2?

There’s an app update coming this week according to their tweet which I hope at the very least fixes the watch crash issues. I am hoping they also made the app to run native on the watch since that is going to be the end game anyway.

1 Like