Anybody using Tasker with Autoalarm and sharp tools?

i found a tutorial on reddit and it was no help and not very clear on the steps. i’m looking to trigger a sharptools event 10 minutes before my next system alarm.

can anybody walk me through this?

Do you have AutoAlarm, Tasker, and SharpTools?

How familiar are you with Tasker?

I have Tasker, autoalarm, and sharptools. I’ve played with it for over two
weeks and can’t get it to trigger. I’m not super familiar with Tasker as
this is the first project I want to have working so I bought/downloaded
everything to get going but I’m stuck.

I tried to follow that tutorial I linked in my original post but I’m having
trouble setting up a global variable to trigger the alarm. it wasn’t like
clear how to do everything to begin with so I’m confused how to actually
make this happen.

I’ve moved the contents of this post to the SharpTools.io community for posterity:

2 Likes

I put a video together walking through it… the video and the rest of the post including step by step instructions can be found on the SharpTools Community.

1 Like

holy crap. this is amazing! I followed your video and ran it and it works great! thanks so much for taking the time.

1 Like

What a great how to. I do kinda the same thing using gentle alarm. I haven’t set my work alarm manually in quite some time.

Post like this is why this forum is so amazing.

1 Like

I’m glad I could help!

PS. I’m the developer of SharpTools and I may have replied to a different Reddit post of yours. :stuck_out_tongue:

ha! you’re the man! thanks again.

Hi there!

Could you give me a hand.

I wanted to have my smartphone immediately trigger an alarm as soon as a particular email with a specific subject arrives in my inbox.

I’ve done all the filtering part in gmail I have enabled the notification, but it’s not exactly what I need. What I really need is that instead of a simple notification, the phone will immediately start ringing a specific ringtone, as if it were really a programmed alarm.

Can you help me with this? I’ve researched everything and can’t find this solution.

Thank you!
Marinho
(jmarinhojr@gmail.com)

Thanks for the reply! I’m not sure I understand the relationship of this request to SmartThings, though?

If it’s a fundamental Tasker profile question around triggering a Tasker Task based on emails, your best bet is the /r/tasker community on Reddit. :smiley: