Anybody looked into integrating Wireless Sensor Tags?

Turns out the apps are run from the cloud, and written in javascript. You can find more info here.

Holy crap… there is even an open API for the web services!

Just popped one in the freezer compartment inside the door. Signal strength is reading 3 of 5 bars (-79dBm), which is amazing considering it is in a steel box!! Have a look at http://soletc.com/weather

Nice! I wish ST would make charts available. Too bad their HTTP call API cannot return any data, so it’s basically a one-way communication.

Ok… I have my first WST app installed and talking to HAM Bridge…

var tags = <#tags_[12|13|32|52|62|72]_N#>;
		  tags.forEach(
function (tag) {
    tag.updated = function () {
        KumoApp.httpCall(<%URL%>+tag.temperature, "GET");
    };
});

Now on to get it talking to SmartThings via virtual motion & temp/humidity devices. Not quite sure how to go about this yet so any help is welcome (but I am starting in on the braille method now). (c;

@scottinpollock

How long did it take to get your order? Did you get any email confirmations? I placed an order over a week ago, I saw the authorization on my card. I never got any emails, I’ve emailed them for status with no replies. They never actually charged my card just authorized it.

I really wanted to put these in my mailbox, fridge, freezer and then expand to some windows.

Took about 1 week to get mine. Have not installed them though.

are you guys able to use these through ST?

Kinda curious on that as well. I hate the idea of having “Yet Another” hub hanging off my network. Would be nice if we had One Hub for everything.

My first order took them about 4 days to process and ship. I got emails for both the order and on shipment, although I am not sure how long it took (same day for order). They have also been responsive for me when I emailed them about a minor Android issue (which they addressed and updated within a week).

Second order was shipped in 2 days.

Check your spam folder.

Thanks, nothing in spam except Cheap Drug & Sexual Enhancement offers. I’m wondering if the order didn’t actually go through, which is why I emailed them I don’t want to place a duplicate order.

They can communicate with the SmartThings hub through endpoints, both in their rule builder and via their IDE. And while it is theoretically possible for SmartThings to poll their event info, I have had zero luck with polling in SmartThings.

Currently, I am using them to send events to HAM Bridge and SmartThings endpoints. I eventually want to create a virtual device for the tags which can be updated via an endpoint (just haven’t figured it out yet).

How long ago did you order? If it was less than 4 days I’d wait until then. Don’t understand the lack of response to email though (they replied same day to most of mine).

It was a week ago Thurs or Fri, I emailed them Friday. I will wait till Monday and order again.

I’m pretty far along with doing a custom integration of Wireless Sensor Tags into SmartThings using their web APIs. I should have something to share in the next week or so.

5 Likes

Cool. Can’t wait!!!

DItto! Just installing my Hub and the first 10 sensors.

Thanks for the replies, I just replaced my order. This time I was got a order confirmation page, email confirmation so I’m good. The bad thing is the price of the Hub and sensors wen’t up and are no longer on sale. So I didn’t order as much as I did the first time. :frowning: I did use the referral code so I got 15% off.

I have the first pass of the integration ready. More details in this thread:

I started a new thread to more easily track issues and updates.

3 Likes

Thanks for your contribution, I’ll provide feedback once mine arrive.

Looks like they now have an IFTTT channel up.