Announcing HousePanel Control Panel [Alpha]

Muito GitHub is carloslebreiro and I will test and send you feedback. regarding future decisions, you are the boss :slight_smile:

Done - invitation sent.

Hi Ken,
I have couple of rPis lying around. Can i have the invitation please.
My github is medatom
Thanks
medatom

Okay - done. Be sure to make your HTML directory writeable on you rPI just ssh into it and do a chmod on the directory.

Rest is easy stuff. Just copying files and activating your ST site.

I did some renaming of things which messed things up. Will post a fix tomorrow. (Done on branch alpha-0.7)

I had to change it to work with the smartthing european url. can we have this as parameter?

Yes, of course. Was the change made in getAuthCode and getAccessToken and getEndpoint routines? Iā€™ll put it in the clientinfo.php file.

Done: update your clientinfo.php file to include the proper API endpoitnt as follows:
define(ā€˜ST_WEBā€™,ā€˜https://graph.api.smartthings.comā€™);

or whatever it should be for Europe. Were any other changes needed?

Next push will have this in it.

Beta testersā€¦ Please try out the alpha-0.7 branch and let me know how it works for you before I do a merge into the master. Just pull from that branch.

Thanks.
EDIT: Hereā€™s a screen shot of a page using the ā€œskin-plainā€ skin folder, just to showcase how much can change with the new skinning capability. Tile sizes, colors, borders, and even backgrounds. Notice the arrows also lost their rounded corners. Much more could change as almost everything has a CSS class or tag tied to it that can be styled.

1 Like

Turns out you can do this right from GitHub as long as you have a paid account, which I fortunately already have.

1 Like

branch alpha-07 was merged so only master branch is now there. Includes various updates and tweaks including the skinning feature from the alpha-0.7 branch.

Last day of my week long vacation from my work day job so I will post an update today and likely no more for several days. This one will add blank and clock tiles - pretty exciting I think. Also working on mode tiles and hope to have that done too.

This coming week will involve a larger update to re-architect tile updates to do one API call per page versus for each tile as done today. Also looking into event driven updates from the API but I donā€™t know how to push data to the front end consistently. If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate some tips.

Update posted. Blank and Clock tiles implemented. Mode tiles will have to wait. I think the data push can be done by creating a custom device type for the rPi that talks to the hub over the LAN. More to come.

@medatom sent invite but not accepted. Are you still interested in trying this out?

I just did Ken. Sorry, little busy with the honey to do list!!
Will be testing this week and let you know.
Thanks for your great work.

1 Like

Okay cool ā€¦ I understand - I have a never-ending honey-do list of my own.

1 Like

Todayā€™s update includes a draft image tile capability. You will see 4 tiles in the Options page. If you select them you will need to add background-image to the CSS file to see something besides the default which is my wifeā€™s linkedin photo. Sorry but that was looking for something easy and that was all I could think of.

I also fixed the graphics on the fancy default CSS file. The plain CSS file is probably broken now since I didnā€™t bother to update it yet. That will come later.

1 Like

Iā€™d like an invite pleaseā€¦

My ID is xxKeoxx

Just sent it. Let me know how it goes.

I think I forgot to update the groovy smart app with the last few updates. Sorry folks. Will fix that tomorrow.

Hi,
Is really nice to see the product evolving, and to be able to help.

Iā€™m currently facing some issues with latin characters, as the word ā€œBotĆ£oā€ is showing up as ā€œBotƃĀ£oā€.
Am I missing something?

It would also be great if it would be possible to include tiles to execute Routines.

1 Like

Is there a step by step guide iā€™m new at all this server stuff etc and havenā€™t got a clue, but very willing to learn, just donā€™t know where to start, basically i need an idiots guide to setting this up properly.
I thank you in advance.