Android 2.5.0 - Release Notes

Dang! Thanks. I hadn’t updated CoRE for a few months as I though dev stopped when Adrian went full tilt on WebCoRE.

If they were shortcuts instead of widgets then I believe they could be placed in folders (Nova Launcher does at least). Since these ‘widgets’ are just static icons, seems like they should be shortcuts. Related… then we could add some shortcuts to the app long press menu too App shortcuts overview  |  Android Developers ShortcutManager  |  Android Developers

2 Likes

Same in iOS. I welcome this as if you have a large list of Things it’s a pain to scroll all the way down to add new devices. I’ve seen others requesting this change.

I have seen this as a requested item to be added, so I am sure many are happy. (I somewhat think I read that it was there before, then removed, but I could be wrong.)

Is device health fixed now so that we can use it? Second question can we now finally adjust a samsung connected tv’s volume? several weeks ago when i first got it you only had the ability to change the source, the audio profile and some other useless things but lacked the obvious ability to turn the tv on and set volume to XX aka to detour an intruder. Was told this would be coming with the new update.

Chris,

Are you referring to my post about the light status not updating yet when going into the device it shows the correct status?

I’m confused by your post
Rick

Spoken like someone that doesn’t have 200+ devices to wait to load & then scroll through to add another device.
I never load the " things " screen unless adding new devices because it takes forever. I just load rooms, devices 1 room at a time. Even some " rooms" are getting too full & are need of reorganizing and breaking into smaller groups.

2 Likes

I have an odd problem with widget as well. The home routine tile turned white and doesn’t do anything.

Yes exact same issue. Seems like they are single use throw away widgets

The other 2 routines still work so that’s just weird.

After this most recent update when I turn something on from the app the device turns on but then it takes over a min for the app to show the device is on. Anybody else?

1 Like

So it’s just the one routine that is broken? Can you write into support so we can gather more information? We’re actively looking into this.

With me it is the GoodNight routine , @Navat604 said it was Home ( I’ll assume " I’m Back" ) routine. So it is not just 1 routine.

Let me clarify - it’s not being seen on every routine 1x1 widget each time you execute that routine, correct?

InCorrect. My Goodbye widget runs routine, turns from the waving icon to a check Mark once routine completes. Then goes to the White . Good night does the same thing. I just ran them to double check. Now I have 2 blank widgets on upper right side of screen

Ok, good to know. Can you also write into support so they can tack on logs/information to the problem ticket?

1 Like

I did, subject was Android 2’
.5 1x1 widget & included the screen shots

Mobile presence is working much better for me since this update. It’s detecting me as home before I hit the garage door button.

I have the same issue but it’s been like that for last few versions for me.

Yes same thing here. You turn the switch on from the UI, the light goes on, you cannot turn it off because it still shows off on the UI. If you tap it to the “right now” screen it will update, then you can go back and turn it off.

I just turned on my tablet which has been off and didn’t update to 2.5.0 yet and that is working fine, but my 3 phones on 2.5.0 all have the problem.