Android 2.4.0 - Release Notes

They are still there:

I really applaud the efforts of the welcomed changes to the App itself and I don’t want to take away from those development efforts as this is great when inside the app.

But I have a question around all this. I have the SmartThings Widget on the Home Page of my phone that allows me to run ALL of my Routines without ever having to go directly into the Mobile App. (All Routines are added so you can’t pick and choose)

So with that, my widget doesn’t allow for Things, but why not create a customized widget that allows us to add / remove specific Routines and Things without having to go into SmartThings Mobile ever, unless needed.

I’m just not sure I see where the major benefit comes into having these Favorites on the initial screen within the Mobile App, versus tapping on your Things or Automations tab? It’s convenient because it’s one or two less clicks, but it’s just a copy / consolidation of items from two screens into 1 on Favorites. I’m not knocking it, I’m just not sure why so much effort would be applied for this little bit of savings versus doing all of this via a Widget.

If it could be performed outside of the app period, like with my Routines shown here, that would be a major value add to me.

2 Likes

I hear you. I gave up on waiting and thankfully you have Sharptools on Android just for this task.

5 Likes

I don’t have Sharptools. That’s SmartThings official Widget for Routines.

Wondering how many people don’t know about this official widget for the routines.

2 Likes

The Favorites panel is awesome!

This is a great update, thank you. The new dashboard is the amazing.

1 Like

Didn’t know about SharpTools until now, looks very useful. Thanks for sharing that.

3 Likes

@kleneau only 2 bugs to report in this release: 1 MAJOR BUG

1. MAJOR BUG: MultiAttribute tiles don’t update the value when the attributes changes. E.g. for a water valve (stock ST device handler), which you click on it it goes from closed to opening (this is the tile’s next state), however when the device handler updates the state as open, it doesn’t reflect on the tile. You need to close and open the page again for it reflect. Similarly for a door lock, when the value is updated (say from locked to unlocked) the MultiAttribute Tile doesn’t update the value. You need to open and close the page for the value to reflect. Similarly for Carousels, when a image is posted it no longer shows up until you close and open the page again.

2. ValueTiles: When showing numbers and if they have double values it shows up as 0E+1 etc (in exponent terms) and not as 1.04

Let me know if you want me to open bugs for them. They were working fine in the intermediary BETA release.

3 Likes

You’ve got that backwards. The official widget IS SharpTools
 the other thing you showed is a thing developed for v1 hubs. I am sure sooner or later we will get one for v2

2 Likes

Lol how is it for version 1? I never had a version 1 hub. I purchased version 2 and that widget is available to add and works perfectly for every routine and updates when routines are added or removed. If the Sharptools was laid out like this and then categorized by items, I would be inclined to go that way, but to me that just looks sloppy. Yes functionally it adds, but the way it looks, lol I will go into ST and waste my time clicking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is last time they upgraded its functionality.

I cannot belive you are using Android
 :smile:

Ya I finally took the plunge and recently upgraded from

3 Likes

Is there any doc or recommendation for the icon to be used when we put a device having multiple capabilities (in my case: Carbon Dioxide Measurement, ) as shortcut?

I have my device well displaying its icon in the device list:

But as a shortcut, I have a white or black icon:

Thanks

I know and I like SharpTools. But I don’t know the widget which shows the status “Home” “Away” and standby? That’s neither ST nor SharpTools.

1 Like

That is correct. It’s Abode, my security system

There has been discussion about this in the IOS app thread. It looks like you are using an image vs an icon. Icons are usually png files that are black and white with transparencies. An image is
well a picture/image. The options to allow an image vs an icon are configured differently in the device handler code(canChangeIcon vs canChangeBackground) and apparently handled differently by ST. Until they fix this(if they plan to that is) I think you will need to use an icon rather than an image for your dth. Then it will show the same in both places.

1 Like

Any thoughts on why I can’t add things or routines to my favorites? Error message says unable to update server try again later.

1 Like

Great job. Love the new dash. And Now I can have Favorites. Is it New Year presents time from ST in June? :grinning::evergreen_tree:

I added my Routines for Good Bye! and I’m Back! with out a problem. Enter a ticket with ST support ASAP!