Android 2.4.0 - Release Notes

I see here that there’s a logo for Samsung Smart Home appliances under the ‘Home Solutions’ collection.

I don’t see that, although I do have devices in the Smart Home app (not integrated with ST yet). Would this be because I’m in the UK?

I had that in the iOS app yesterday but today it’s gone.

Great! Thanks, I got the icon updated into 2 colors png and it works on the dashboard. I wish I could keep it for the device list but I have no idea how to do that as my understanding is: they share the same icon/picture.

Anyway, thanks again.

Did this fix the battery issue? even in 2.3.8 my battery would last 4 hours.

@kleneau

I can confirm #1 in @RBoy’s post #29 , and I can confirm this was working just fine in the beta release.

2 Likes

Great update! One thing that I’ve noticed. In things, and using my Samsung Smartcam HD Pro, the video feed no longer rotate to landscape. I verified with the native Samsung Smartcam app and it rotates to landscape there.

This is the best release in the last two years!!! Keep up the good work!!!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Oddly I’m seeing intermittent issues with 2.4.0 iOS also, sometimes the tiles won’t refresh after an attribute change, you need to reload the page. But it’s consistent, with Android it’s all the time but iOS is sometimes.

I’d be remised if I didn’t ask you to give us a rating in the Playstore if you are enjoying this new update!

4 Likes

Everything seems well for the nice new interface except the device health seems half broken? I don’t have a single false offline message for my aeotec siren since installed but device health told me it was down for over 1 day, after turning off the device health I can confirm the siren works using the app :smirk:
Please fix that

1 Like

Since the app update I have 2 (that I have noticed) DTH that when displayed in the app, do not show information in the tiles.

If I change the line of code from:-
state “battery”, label:‘Batt\n${currentValue}%’, unit:"",
state “humidity”, label:’_Humidity\n${currentValue}%’, unit:"",

To:-
state “battery”, label:‘Batt\r${currentValue}%’, unit:"",
state “humidity”, label:’_Humidity\r${currentValue}%’, unit:"",

It now displays the information.
Will put screenshots in here from my Android to show what I mean.

EDIT: Tagging @slagle
Tagging @kleneau

For #2, what device are you seeing this on? We are not able to reproduce this and are seeing double value render correctly. Is this a custom DTH, and if so can we get a copy of it.

2 Likes

It’s a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 7, here is the code, this if for a Energy Meter Device

This renders fine as a decimal number:

sendEvent(name: “amperage”, value: (float) (Math.round(cmd.scaledMeterValue * 10.0) / 10.0), unit: “A”)

This renders in exponent form:

sendEvent(name: “amperage”, value: (Math.round(cmd.scaledMeterValue * 10.0) / 10.0), unit: “A”)

Here’s the tile:

valueTile("amperage", "device.amperage", width: 2, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
		state "default", label:'${currentValue} A'
	}

It’s possible it’s a BigDecimal as the calculated value for the sendEvent or a Double but type casting to float fixes it.

Sorry, but is this comment directed to me or @RBoy.
He has answered. (I think).

1 Like

The presence function on the android app seems not quite working I need to roll back the app update

2 Likes

I have also been having issues with the presence sensors since the update making my automation rules and monitoring system unreliable. I get security alerts throughout the day and night now, going to try to remove and replace the presence sensors to see if that helps.

2 Likes

Have you considered the Life 360 option… I’ve had really good stability since giving it a go a couple of months ago. Just search the forums for Life 360 and there are a couple of discussions…it’s works well for me.

1 Like

I had not heard about Life360 until I saw it in this thread, thanks for the suggestion. If I cannot get it working consistently with the official app I’ll give it a shot. The strange part is the presence has worked well since March when I first received my ST hub so I haven’t had the need until this week.

1 Like

In case you’re interested… https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/202334244-Connecting-Life360-with-SmartThings

1 Like

So, I tried Life360 over the last 2 weeks with my kids. It just doesn’t work for me… Status changes don’t make it to Smartthings. Very unreliable, at least the last 2 weeks. (2 Android phones, s7 and note 5)