Android 2.3.5 - Release Notes

I really hope things settle down with it, and I’m willing to bear with them, as I haven’t had a problem with it until now!

Fingers crossed we get a quick update that solves this.

Might help to document phone and OS for them in troubleshooting all these issues.

Motorola Z Force
Android 7.0 (Nougat)
Verizon
Issues = None

I have a Motorola Droid Maxx running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) as well. I will install update on that tonight and see if that has any of the issues being reported. I leave that phone offline.

I bet it’s nougat. The GPS hits (again) are going nuts. I forced quit it, blocked it’s autostart and reset permissions. So far so good. But that is because it isn’t running. I don’t want to launch the app again.

1 Like

I’m not using the ST app for presence…just disabled it’s location permissions. Will see if that has any effect…

I’m still on Marshmallow on my S6…

Moto Z Play
Android 7
AT&T
No issues

SmartThings shows 1% battery usage and that’s because I was in the app for about an hour this morning. I also use it for presence and have battery optimization turned off.

Hope you don’t run into issues with having to log back into ST each time. I assisted a couple of other users that were forced to login to ST on Android after a period of time because they had any of the 3 permissions disabled. Now I saw that this software update was supposed to remove the need for Contacts permission being enabled, so maybe that was the only permission that created that scenario. Anyway, if you end up with the login screen when you open ST, remember the permissions :slight_smile:

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

I’m on Nougat and use presence presence as well. No battery drain or app crashing for me.

Has everyone reported their issues to support? Any feedback from Staff on what u are all experiencing?

I am disabling my auto update for smartthings. LMAO - I’m afraid they are going to put out a patch that fixes all of you and then breaks everything for all of us that are working without issues.

1 Like

Pixel with Nougat. Showing 1% battery usage, so no problems here. Even have battery optimization for the app turned off.

Not using app optimization here either.

Looking like IOS is having their own cluster … to deal with. I’m going to buy a lottery ticket.

@slagle,

Support ticket : #350564 : Android ST Mobile App 2.3.5 constantly crashes, images are gigantic.

Congratulations on releasing another buggy Android app.

I can deal with the gigantic tile images when the app stays up long enough for me to use, but I can’t open many devices in the app. It just crashes without any reason given.

Below are some screenshots, and what device’s crash the Android mobile app:

• Ring Doorbell Pro integration (this is your DTH, not mine)
  • Halo Smoke/CO integration (again, this is your DTH, not mine)
  • AccuWeather Connect integration (again, this is your DTH, not mine)
  • (actually I stopped typing because now almost every device crashes the app)

Oh, and thanks for killing my battery. It drained almost 10% trying to debug this thing…

BTW, while writing this, it crashed about a dozen+++ times just trying to navigate from Room to Room.

Phone details:

Samsung Note 5
Android v7.0

Crash:

Images are MUCH larger than v2.3.1:

1 Like

Nougat here, GS8 SmartThings is not is my top battery users…

This is after a restart. Look at the images in my posts above. 90% battery, now look below, 81% battery… That’s just in 30 minutes of doing nothing but having the ST open in between crashes.

EDIT: Look above at the video above and notice the battery % - now it’s at 72%, and while writing this, I’m down to 69% while just keeping the ST app open.

Not to make light of anyone’s frustrations, but between this thread and IOS, you have to admit that it’s kind of comical. This all coming on the heals of the firmware upgrade. Another firmware upgrade next month. Make it a SmartThings Trifecta!

Same here, no issues.

2.3.6 just released and it ain’t no better!

Tagging @slagle

@Brad_ST posted this on the iOS thread…

iOS 2.3.5 - Release Notes - #56 by Brad_ST

I can’t get my SmartApps up in either Android or iOS, this is stupid…

1 Like