Android 2.2.0 - Release Notes

Great minds think alike! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK, I updated my 5 Star review.

While ST is paying attention to it’s Apps, how about enhancing some Widgets. The only 2x2 existing one is too big and ugly. There could be more also, shortcuts, assignable switches, routines, etc. Just sayin’… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Our Director of Mobile Development is watching the thread so any feedback is good feedback!

2 Likes

Love the Clear descriptions of each app in My Apps list.
And the improved Icons for each app makes the interface more presentable to the end user.
You should add a short walk-through/intro video for first timer login.

3 Likes

So, since my job upgraded my work phone to the iPhone 6S plus I’m using that one along side my Note 7.

I’m liking what y’all did with the android version. It’s very smooth and I like the layout.
I also liked the ios layout, and prior to this update I wanted the android veer to render the same way.

I’ve updated both now they both seen to be identical. Which to me is good.

The one thing I noticed right away…

… The android version is now faster than the ios!

Great job guys!

1 Like

Better widgets would be nice! Even ios got a better routines widget than the current version of Android

3 Likes

@slagle any comment on this?

Thanks.

Shouldn’t have made it into the app. Disregard. Sorry about that.

Got it.

Looking forward to this smart home analytics based recommendation feature! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

New update looks great, but I’m still waiting for the text colors to be fixed… something I reported months ago, and to multiple people internally… Kind of sucks that this was overlooked, since UI tweaks were part of the update. Apparently the ‘ticket’ that was created for this isn’t really a ticket at all?

For a little bit of reference, here’s my example from APRIL 25 (maybe 3 updates since then?):

1 Like

It would of been great if they could of taken 30 seconds to change the font color on the activity feed for the extra events…

Correct. Heck, I’ll even shave 10 seconds off that for ya: #565656

:smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for feedback, I have a developer working on it now so it makes it into the next release.

6 Likes

The “Please fill out all required fields” error in CoRE seems to be gone now! Nice!

2 Likes

Thanks, Kyle. Much appreciated.

Hi Kyle,

BTW, there are a lot of Android issues that need be taken care of.
See this thread:

To my knowledge, none of these issues have been fixed so far, could the fixes make it
in the next release too?

We’ve been waiting for fixes since 2.1.2 back in April.

Regards.

3 Likes

Not to bust a bubble… But y’all said that two (yes 2) updated ago…
Can we give the guy a snickers or some peanuts or something to speed him up? ? :smiling_face:

2 Likes

We have a planned release at the end of the month and we just branched for release today. So I am working with the developer to sneak in the change. He just submitted the pull request 2 minutes ago anyways. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s amazing what a snickers can do! :dancer::dash:

3 Likes

Would you mind summarizing some of the issues you are still seeing from that version. Slagle and I will work on getting the tickets created in our ticket tracking system and I will prioritize them into our release cycles with the developers.

Is it just me or I can no longer be able to create mode with this update?