Amazon Prime Day - October 13-14, 2020

Lutron Aurora switch cover dimmer on prime day deal at its lowest price ever: $29.99!

This device works with a Hue bridge (it will not work directly with smartthings) to solve the common problem of providing an intuitive wall switch for smart bulbs that doesn’t actually cut the power to them.

If you have the hue bridge and you get this, the Lutron device will be invisible to smartthings and it will just work as a parallel means of control.

I really like these and have five of them in my own home. They instantly solve the problem of guests not knowing how to turn the lights on and off. No wiring is required to install: it’s a battery operated device that fits over the top of the existing dumb switch and works just like a traditional rotary dimmer. :sunglasses:

3 Likes
1 Like

BTW, The $79.99 fire TV cube deal which was originally only available through Echo voice ordering can now be ordered right from the page.

2 Likes

Switchbot button pusher down to $21.75 and the mini hub (required for the official smartthings integration) is down to $29.25. :sunglasses:

Here’s my review of these devices:

2020 Switchbot Review ( robot button pusher), integration through IFTTT or new V3 app

3 Likes

@JDRoberts don’t forget to check out the aqara products - bigger discounts today.

1 Like

Especially good on the contact sensor: down to $12.19! :sunglasses:

Reminder for everyone to check out other merchants who are also having sales…

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/black-friday-smart-home-deals-1

1 Like

Home Depot Smart home deals. Good discounts, pretty random selection of products:

2 Likes

Kasa Kasa Kasa
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Kasa&i=prime-day&ref=nb_sb_noss

1 Like

Does anyone know if IR devices paired to the SwitchBot bridge also integrate to smartthings?

Sure, that’s exactly how my TV integration works. The switchbot IR blaster is what I use to turn on my TV.

Switchbot - Simple “power on” for some TVs (IR blaster)

Awesome! Might get this for an electric fireplace we put in the basement. It has separate commands for the lights and heater, so I could automate the lights without turning on the heater :slight_smile:

1 Like

I keep thinking a Switchbot might be what I need to control a ceiling fan that requires a remote for operation. I never have the remote in hand when I need it. Would be nice to get it working with Alexa.

1 Like

If it already works with a remote, it might work with bond, which has become very popular. :sunglasses:. But the Switchbot does solve a lot of problems that are otherwise quite challenging.

Thanks. I’ve never been able to justify the cost of Bond. And I can likely put the Switchbot to some other use. The sale is tempting…

1 Like

I realize the Moen Flo water valve no longer supports IFTT, but the 1 inch version is on sale for $279 which is 50% off. Its cheaper than the 3/4 inch version.

2 Likes

Finally!

The only US Company currently offering “Friends of Hue” batteryfree wall switches has a 20% off coupon today. This is the first discount I’ve ever seen from them.

Their switch is still expensive ($48 after coupon is applied), but if you use it with HomeKit it becomes a four button scene switch, so it’s expensive, but not crazy expensive. They come in many different colors, including gray and black. They also include a cover which makes it look just like a regular rocker switch, in which case it just has two buttons (press at the top or press at the bottom).

These do not work directly with smartthings (The smartthings zigbee 3.0 implementation does not yet support the “green power profile“ commands which these require).

However, if you are already using a hue bridge these make a nice parallel means of control.

These don’t have batteries: they harvest the kinetic energy from when you push the switch. That works well, but it does mean you have to push pretty hard, so that’s just something to be aware of. They will look like a regular rocker switch, but physically they will feel a little sticky.

1 Like

For those of you who still have Ifttt accounts, the Withings sleep tracker pad (a long pressure mat) rarely goes on sale, but today it’s 15% off, so $83.

I know a couple of community members have posted that they have it and like it. I believe the only smartthings integration is through Ifttt, although it does have some odd Alexa integration where are you can ask it to report on your stats. :sunglasses:

This can also work well for a sofa.

1 Like